Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Roleplay Forum

MasterAegon

Slicer
I want to put forth a proposal for a dedicated forum for roleplay. We have the lore forum for pieces of lore or other bits that contribute to canon or even player based lore. This forum that I propose would be for turn-based posting so people could participate in either mass or RP or small group RP. I used to participate in forum-based RP a lot and it seems some of our Lore posts are veering in that direction. I'd like to see some of what we used to call 'turn based roleplay', in which whoever agrees to take place in the roleplay (or if it is an all welcome post) will contribute to the story with turn-by-turn posts.

I only suggest this because it seems like it would be better to have its own forum rather than all being contained in the Lore category. If someone decides to post an accumulative thread to show what has happened in the rolepay, then it could be placed in Lore. Otherwise, this new forum would be where active play would go.

This also allows for RP for people that can't be on real time.

adderman500

Slicer
Yeah the last thing you said particularly applies to me. Not sure about the suggestion though, I'm more than happy to just follow the Lore forum and read/respond there. Not sure whether an RP forum would really serve much of a purpose that the Lore one doesn't already fulfill. I'm keen to see how others respond though.

MasterAegon

Slicer
You mistake the Roleplay forum to be something it is not (if it existed). A forum dedicated to turn-based roleplay is entirely different than large events posted that are event based or on an instance by instance basis.

For example, I post "Aegon raises his glass at Adderman to toast their first meeting away from the alliance. It had been a long time since they had a drink together and the leader of Dragonstone had much discuss with the Basilica native which they had not the time for prior to this occasion."

An RP forum would give you the opportunity to reply with what 'Adderman' does and then I would have my turn to continue. The Lore forum only allows for an event to be posted by the originator. You and anyone else replying to these posts goes against of the Lore forum and what it was intended for. Replies are a continuance of the Lore I posted. Replies are real time roleplay that should be continued. The Lore forum isn't made for posts that continue for 20+ posts.

adderman500

Slicer
Ahhh OK yeah I'm down for that, sounds good. Just the equivalent to chatting in the RP channel, just slowed down to account for time zones right?

MasterAegon

Slicer
It's really up to you. It would probably fall under lore but easier for newer people to find on the parent list.

Back