Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Season 2 - Iron - Coming to an end!

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
In preparation a whole swath of changes, upgrades, fun things, etc for pvp on Loka, I've decided that season 2 needs to go ahead and come to an end. Season three will begin not too long after and will feature a "lot of things" which I'll get into later.

So, that said, the last day that matches will count will be Sunday, February 9th, so you have just under two weeks to get those ratings up there!

As with last season, there will be rewards (titles and horses and perhaps something new?) for those in the top percentile of their brackets. As of right now, 2v2 is not eligible with the low number of games played, but that could change if more games are played (dunno an exact number at this time).

Get in those arenas!

Zor95

Slicer
You previously said that titles from the old season would be removed, but will past winners retain access to /summon and their war horses/donkeys?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Zor95 said:
You previously said that titles from the old season would be removed, but will past winners retain access to /summon and their war horses/donkeys?

So (much like WoW) all but the (don't judge me) first place titles will be removed. Previous seasons' rewards however are not removed. So, yes, you get to keep your gladiator horsies.

Probably going to add a title for VotA as well.

Zor95

Slicer
Then...

If you win the highest honor in multiple seasons would you have access to multiple horses (providing the reward includes a horse)?

Also, will you be dropping anyone with less than 10 games? That is currently half of the list.

JocelynReed

Slicer
Zor95 said:
Then...

If you win the highest honor in multiple seasons would you have access to multiple horses (providing the reward includes a horse)?

Also, will you be dropping anyone with less than 10 games? That is currently half of the list.

or maybe a horse with better stats...........15-25 hearts...higher jump.......faster....breedable?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Zor95 said:

Maybe...

Zor95 said:

Like last season, most likely yes.

JocelynReed said:
15-25 hearts...higher jump.......faster....breedable?

They should already be pretty top level horses. If not, I'll tune that. Never breedable though.

JocelynReed

Slicer
OPmqzjP.gif

aww I want breedable OP horses :D

Psychedelic98

Slicer
I think that it would be cool if the different seasons had different prizes. We offered horses when 1.7 was coming out, is there anything interesting in 1.8 that we could do?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Psychedelic98 said:
I think that it would be cool if the different seasons had different prizes. We offered horses when 1.7 was coming out, is there anything interesting in 1.8 that we could do?

Not that i'm aware of. But it's a good idea. We'll see what kinda stuff we get.

Zor95

Slicer
How about a green villager named Chet that follows you around and has an infinite trade that turns cobblestone into carrots. He also picks up rotten flesh and eats it so you don't have to deal with it.

Thieflord304

Slicer
Zor95 said:
How about a green villager named Chet that follows you around and has an infinite trade that turns cobblestone into carrots. He also picks up rotten flesh and eats it so you don't have to deal with it.
I second this.

Jedoi

Slicer
Is Last Place going to get something this time? It's not easy, I tell you. I had to fight Mem3 for it. :p

Zor95

Slicer
Psychedelic98 said:
Zor95 said:
He also picks up rotten flesh and eats it so you don't have to deal with it.
Considering that in 1.8 villagers will buy rotten flesh, this would be stupid.

But you have to pick it up and find a place to put it and then bring it to a villager and refresh trades when he's done and it's really just inconvenient. But if it's really that big of a deal he can just spit out emeralds whenever he is full.

Back