Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Sentry Application /w story (Yes, the story is necessary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedoi

Slicer
The sun rose. I gathered watermelons. The sun fell. I gathered watermelons. The sun rose and fell, rose and fell, rose and fell. I gathered watermelons. I thought of home, not of Talongon, but of Loka, of Asgard. I thought of the Blight that had taken that home from me; from all of us. People like Preksak, catastrophes like the Blight, can destroy our worlds, the places we call home, but they cannot destroy us. And here on this new world, some people are pleased and satisfied. Perhaps they’re just glad we’re alive. And some of us are unhappy. Unhappy because we feel we could have saved Loka, or because we know our home is gone forever. Or maybe it’s just me, alone in a town that people raid often, where my friends live but disappear all the time, busy elsewhere. I feel like I can accomplish nothing. I avoid entering my own town, in fear of being attacked. All I do is gather melons. There’s more than this. New World brings something else. I know it, I’m sure of it. I wish I could help the people, formerly of Loka, now of this new unnamed world. I could try…no. I can’t. I’ve tried before, but I couldn’t. If I was able to break free of my shyness, I could help in some way. Not the, “I don’t want to talk to you because I don’t know you” shyness. The kind where I get embarrassed if people know I know more than they think I do. I ask questions I know the answers to. I pretend I know nothing of the subject when truthfully, I do. If I can find a way to say that, I could help. Maybe in my writing. I will find a way, and when I do, I will help. I remember when I first found Loka. Almost half a year ago. Within no time, it had become my home. I wish I could do something else other than gather melons and think… I could…take that one suggestion. Maybe I will. Perhaps I should apply for Sentry. Loka has helped me countless times. I want to help them in return. Watching the talk, welcoming and helping new folk. I will apply, someday…

Okay, so that was the story part of my application. I know I haven’t been playing ages and ages, I know I’ve only been a Slicer for a couple weeks, but I think I can help the server as a Sentry. I don’t normally have any big projects that would distract me, and I already warn people about caps and language and stuff. A few people have suggested I apply, and I decided, now is as good a time as any.

Age: I cannot say. I have said on Loka I cannot tell my age, for it is a rule in real life. I could have easily lied, or broken that rule. But isn’t the fact that instead of braking that rule or lying, I told the truth while still obeying that rule show I may be a good Sentry?

Current rank: Slicer

Which rank you are applying for: Sentry

What you think is expected of this rank: Sentries must help new players (and make sure they’re not hacking and stuff), observe the chat, (kick and mute and such when players use caps, spam, or use offensive language), support the full admins, and answer questions about the server. (Mostly from new players)

Why you think you should become this rank: I want to become Sentry mostly so I can help Loka and the people that have been so kind to me. So I can help in return. I always watch the chat, and warn people anyway, (Even if a Sentry/Guardian is online). I know each rule by heart. I love to help, and as a Sentry, I can help more than gathering watermelons. (I have a free watermelon stand, with melons that are already harvested.).

When you started playing on the server: Almost half a year ago. I believe it was in early April, or maybe even late March.

Time zone in relation to GMT: I’m normally on Pacific Standard Time. I’m still on vacation. (Returning in a week, back to my normal playing almost 24/7.)

How often do you play (hours a day/week): In Summer, I play quite often, 8, 9, 10 hours maybe, possibly more in a day. In a week, it would be about…(Hm, time flies on Loka,) Not exactly sure, but a lot, like, 20..maybe. Unsure… In winter/fall (School time) I play less, but aside from my vacation, there has only been one day I haven’t played on Loka since I joined. Maybe 4 hours a day during school, and about 6 on weekends.

Thanks for reading, I know this is kind of a long application, but that’s how I explain things.

Thanks,
Jedi/Jedoi/MinecraftJedi127

mopb3

Slicer
Re: Sentry Application /w story (Yes, the story is necessary

I doubt we've ever had, or ever will have a nicer player again. So support from me.

Artagan

Slicer

tumblr_mqaot1fm4o1syyfxzo1_500.gif

Jedi, you're awesome. Here, have some support from me. :D

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder

One of the best applications I've seen. +1 from me.

Thieflord304

Slicer

I think you'd make a good Sentry in the nice perspective, being able to help out new players and such. As long as another good Sentry, or preferably a Guardian helps you out on rules you aren't 100% on, I give my support.

adderman500

Slicer

Guys no need for any more, crypt says +1

+1

Mtndome

Slicer

Hear hear. Full support from the Ent!

+9999 because that application was well over 9000!

Jedoi

Slicer

Thank you all. :D It means alot to me that you guys think I can do this...

Up until I became a Slicer, I just felt like a new player, who didn't know anything. Who built, mined, explored, and died like any other wanderer/settler. But when I became a Slicer, it showed me something. That there are actual people who think I have done good things to help the server. Who've noticed I played often. Its showed me I truly have a place somewhere on Minecraft. Right here on Loka. And I thank you, not just for supporting me for Sentry, but also for becoming a Slicer. Being on Loka is worth more to me than every diamond on ever world in all of Minecraft. Worth more than anything. When talking to my brother, I call "Playing Minecraft" one thing and "playing Loka" another, because Loka makes Minecraft funner, Minecraft is nothing to me without Loka, and Loka is even better than Minecraft. So all in all, Thank you.

JocelynReed

Slicer

I cautiously give my support....you are very kind and Loka is a cruel world. Please use your title and powers very sparingly.

I personally hate banning people but see it as a necessary evil for the good of the server. There are many unwritten rules that you will need to learn ..and I would like you to have a better understanding of how the rules apply to thieves.

+1

K

KenuDragonfire

In my honest opinion, you need to learn the rules a bit more and learn to be a bit more... abrasive. Saying "please stop spamming" ain't how you get things done. You kick 'em with a fine pair of cleats, and when they complain, shout

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvJiYrRcfQo[/youtube]

You improve the quality of the server tremendously by being polite and RP'ing, and you pulling a Slim would be heartbreaking. If you honestly want to be Sentry, I think you'd make a great one and really, if a Sentry is being trusted with deciding whether a thieving event is legal, there is something terribly, terribly wrong.

Zor95

Slicer

Pepsi or Coke?

Jedoi

Slicer

JocelynReed said:
..and I would like you to have a better understanding of how the rules apply to thieves.

Then...would you mind helping me understand those rules please? :) I look up to you as a Sentry and its very special to me that you support me.

Lucifer09

Slicer

lol Not that she needs anymore but +1 from me too. Jedi is ridiculously nice and I know she will serve Loka well. With some practise and help from our other sentries and admins I think she will be a great Sentry.

Jedoi

Slicer

Lucifer09 said:
Jedi is ridiculously nice and....

That...is a good thing right?
Lol thanks Luci.

Lucifer09

Slicer

lol Yes it's a very good thing, and no problem miss Jedi~

Jedoi