Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Should've waited one more patch...

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
I have heard all sorts of new biome names and screenshots thrown about, such as canyon biomes. I am fairly sure these new biomes will come over many updates so if we had waited we would have been waiting a good 6 months :p

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Don't think so Mag. Sounds like 1.7 is going to be a pretty heavy biome update. That's ok, though, cause we planned for it anyway :)

K

KenuDragonfire

gg Mojang, continuing to not consider servers larger than five people.

Zor95

Slicer
Yeah I'll be incredibly disappointed if we end up getting cherry blossom trees and a new biome for them as is being hinted at the moment. But ah well. I've always loved terraforming so Iria may just get a facelift.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Rule number 1 when it comes to minecraft, what they say will be in next update is all lies, sometimes it can take more than a year to put in something they said would be in next update

Zor95

Slicer
Magpieman said:
Rule number 1 when it comes to minecraft, what they say will be in next update is all lies, sometimes it can take more than a year to put in something they said would be in next update

You're a lie. They always stay on track... like the Mod API, red dragons, better fishing, ocean creatures, and the sky world.

Zor95

Slicer
I wouldn't oppose it if you're willing to cut down a jungle for us?
(or right now even) o;

mopb3

Slicer
I'm rather opposed to it, to get all the new things we can just generate more land can we not?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
We can, but obviously the 'new land' won't start until you go to the border, and with the size of our world, we're likely to get the infamous chunk borders from hell.

Hornedbaron

Slicer
Cryptite said:
We can, but obviously the 'new land' won't start until you go to the border, and with the size of our world, we're likely to get the infamous chunk borders from hell.

you could world edit the borders to make the changes smoother during one day or something, because i dont believe anybody would mind, as it's not taking away from the fact that our server is vanilla based. just an idea..

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Hornedbaron said:
you could world edit the borders to make the changes smoother during one day or something, because i dont believe anybody would mind, as it's not taking away from the fact that our server is vanilla based. just an idea..

That's the current plan, it's just with the sheer size of the border, it'll take some time.

Hornedbaron

Slicer
That's the current plan, it's just with the sheer size of the border, it'll take some time.[/quote]

Ah, well, personally I wouldn't mind the wait, having seen the stuff that's going to be implemented

Jedoi

Slicer
Cryptite said:
It was discussed asking the public about their thoughts on another map reset...

If we can bring our towns/items, awesome.

As for the world boarder. That works too.

andrekeroxd

Slicer
Is the new world size gonna be 20k x 20k? Because that would multiply the currently available area (10k x 10k) by 4. Regardless of that, smoothing out the world border would mean editing the 40k perimeter, but since most of it would be Ocean, I think it wouldn't be tough at all.

Switching worlds seems sorta troublesome, because people just settled down again and are working on very large projects. Unless, you guys were willing to world edit selected areas, ( Current towns are, i think: skaro, nightshade, kingdom of sky, albion, iria, whiterock, dellsmite/talongon ) Also, from what I hear, there was a fair bit of trouble with this whole map change (raids basically, a few tempers lost, but that's nothing we don't usually see in Loka)

On the other hand, if you are going with the whole "new player expansion", a map with new terrain would be a great thing to have.

Back