Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

No Plans to Implement Show actual ELO numbers in ranked

mimo4

Slicer
on most practice servers with a ranked leaderboard, they show your and the opponents ELO when you start a match and on the leaderboard as well. they also show ELO gain / loss after the ranked duel. i think this would make sense on loka and im not sure why it isnt implemented.

note: the whole iron gold emerald diamond netherite etc system should stay ofc but i think ELO numbers should be visible as well since i know that they exist but just that they are represented by these categories rather than the actual exact number

Blissterz

on most practice servers with a ranked leaderboard, they show your and the opponents ELO when you start a match and on the leaderboard as well. they also show ELO gain / loss after the ranked duel. i think this would make sense on loka and im not sure why it isnt implemented.

note: the whole iron gold emerald diamond netherite etc system should stay ofc but i think ELO numbers should be visible as well since i know that they exist but just that they are represented by these categories rather than the actual exact number
+1 would not hurt to add some numbers in the mix

VapingCroc

+1

LobsterLarry

i would love elo numbers to flex on all of the people i fight that I have more of a life with the lower elo. 👍

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
We intentionally stopped showing the elo numbers on the ranked ladder because we didn't want people comparing themselves against others based on an arbitrary and mutable number. Further, these numbers are subject to change and just saying "I'm 1600" could be meaningless from one ranked seaon to another if we adjusted the matchmaking system.

We felt it was much more meaningful and frankly more fun, even, to identify (competitively) as Iron, Gold, Emerald, Netherite, etc.

Now for Bedrock, we knew we'd hit a ceiling of names/ranks and once there are enough players at the Bedrock level, we have a plan to potentially show their elo numbers (as many other games do) just because we never really plan to have Bedrock I, II, III or any higher rankings.

Greeneryy

Muted
like chess, you can get owned by a 500 rated player being a 1900 rated player if you blunder in the opening (in terms of minecraft this is when ur brain stops working temporarily and u don't right click to pot and instantly die) so category ranks such as the ones rn are cool, but hey im banned from ranked play don't listen to me

Eyvah

me after a wanderer (joined 2 minutes ago) beats me in a ranked without even potting

mimo4

Slicer
i would love elo numbers to flex on all of the people i fight that I have more of a life with the lower elo. 👍
We intentionally stopped showing the elo numbers on the ranked ladder because we didn't want people comparing themselves against others based on an arbitrary and mutable number.
I can only see cyberbullying occur from this
sorry to inform you that people still compare themselves against others with arbitrary and meaningless things, just that now its gold emerald diamond etc instead of the actual figures.
We felt it was much more meaningful and frankly more fun, even, to identify (competitively) as Iron, Gold, Emerald, Netherite, etc.
i also think the current categories are more fun than plain numbers, which is why i think we should keep them AND add ELO numbers alongside them (maybe only for those who wish to see them if some people are actually bothered by them)

Back