Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Skitch the Wolf, Signing Off

Skitch the Wolf

Slicer
Before you read on, I want to emphasize that these are all my own opinions and thoughts. (Everything in Red are things I STRONGLY wish to get across to you.)

Ever since I started on this server 1.5 years ago, I've made small, humble homes for myself. Living in Hyrule, being the ultimate crux of my Lokian life, including attaining Guardianship and the trust and respect of others on the server. It's all been so much fun and I have grown to adore and respect this community in turn. But something just doesn't feel right anymore in my eyes.

Becoming Guardian was a happy moment in my Lokian life. To become an ancient defender of the people and the protector of server-wide peace. And I've enjoyed every moment of it. But its title and responsibilities have not caused me to leave. There are many, many more reasons than just that.

Raiding is at an all-time high, and it feels like it's been encouraged more than ever. Every time I log on, Joe has raided Bob's town, or Julie has raided everyone she sees. The server is in constant war and a struggle for power.

I've been told numerous times by many users that this game -- Yes, a GAME -- has devolved into chaos. Petty high-school drama, cliques, and hatred have risen and continued to rise, and that has turned many a user off from this community, causing users to leave, unfulfilled.

This is no longer a game I want to come on to anymore. This is no longer a program I can associate with relieving stress and communicating with my friendly neighbors. This is no longer a game to me. I'm not having fun anymore.

---Too Long; Didn't Read Version---

I'm not happy. I'm not having fun. This game isn't a game anymore, it's all drama.

Now. I may be wrong. I may be incorrect. These may all be valid issues or nothing at all. But I'll be damned if I didn't voice what I'm thinking or what my opinions are. And I have to say, I'm quite displeased with being told numerous stories, then being expected to be swayed to one side or the other. So I have made a personal decision. I am leaving. For good, most likely. I'm also abandoning the forums. Although I do wish to say that these months I've spent on Loka have been the most interesting. I've gotten to know many of you personally and I'm glad to call you all friends. I leave with a heavy heart, but I feel this is the right decision for me. You've all made Loka so interesting. And now I must say goodbye.

One final adieu,

Skitch the Wolf.

PS. I will keep you as a Skype friend because you are my friend. If you harass me or bring up my decision, I may decide to ignore you.

adderman500

Slicer
Sad to see you go skitch. I thought your playtime had dwindled in the last few weeks. Remember there will always be a place for you here if you ever wanna come back.

Skitch the Wolf

Slicer
adderman500 said:
Sad to see you go skitch. I thought your playtime had dwindled in the last few weeks. Remember there will always be a place for you here if you ever wanna come back.

I appreciate that. Thank you, Adder.

Although I must regrettably admit that the dwindled playtime might have been a side effect all along.

But who knows? Maybe someday I'll return, to see what everything's like later on. But for now, I'd like to pursue other things that will grab my attention and keep it.

Oh, and a quick shout out to Crypt and the other higher-ups. Feel free to demote me as far as you'd like. If I ever do eventually come back, I would like to work my way back up.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Sad to see you go, Skitch. Unfortunately this server does tend to ward off those who perhaps enjoy the more peaceful minecraft experience. Loka has been and probably ever will be dramatic, cutthroat, brutal, and unkind to most. It's certainly not for everybody.

Skitch the Wolf

Slicer
Cryptite said:
Sad to see you go, Skitch. Unfortunately this server does tend to ward off those who perhaps enjoy the more peaceful minecraft experience. Loka has been and probably ever will be dramatic, cutthroat, brutal, and unkind to most. It's certainly not for everybody.

It was certainly for me up until this point. If I didn't feel that I belonged here, I wouldn't have made the push for Guardian as strongly as I did. I want nothing more than to see this server flourish and prosper. And maybe in its own way, it is doing so. But if this drama and brutality persists, then it isn't the Loka I once knew and loved. But I do want to also thank you personally, Crypt. Even though I talked about this server heading in a bad direction, that doesn't mean I don't appreciate what you have done. You've brought the unthinkable and unimaginable to Loka. You have brought the auction system, arenas, building tournaments. Things that gave Loka the ability to compete with so many other servers. And I do wish to say that I'm glad to have played and toyed around with the systems you have implemented. They have certainly added so many more dimensions to Loka and her day to day process.

So thank you, Crypt. You've certainly made Loka more than just a vanilla frontier.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
It's a great shame we are losing you, but i totally respect your decision and understand the points you made. I hope we can keep in touch as you are a good friend. You will be missed.

Skitch the Wolf

Slicer
Magpieman said:
It's a great shame we are losing you, but i totally respect your decision and understand the points you made. I hope we can keep in touch as you are a good friend. You will be missed.

Thank you, Magpie. I'm glad I have gotten to know you as well as I have because it was an honor serving under you as a Warrior of Hyrule. That was the one true place where I found a moment of peace in a world of chaos.

Skitch the Wolf

Slicer
In light of the situation, I'd like to imagine that with the 1.6 update, I have decided to retire to a faraway land, where I can tend to horses and manage a small farm on my own private stretch of land. Land where the air is silent, save for the blowing winds and the sounds of the trees rustling. Where the only thing my sword will cut through is the occasional zombie or creeper, and my resources are my own.

That is the land I wish to retire to.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
This new world brings a new, fresh life to all of us. I find myself seeking the very same peaceful life as you, one far removed from the greater conflicts of the new lands.

13scooter13

Slicer
i feel like im super late to this. cuz i will miss rose as well. i loved her help greatly. :D you will be missed and you were a awesome friend of course!!! well i have steam so maybe so fortress some time? take care buddy. :D

Back