Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

SlimJim1988 for Overseer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimjim1988

Slicer

Current rank: Guardian

Which rank you are applying for: Overseer

What you think is expected of this rank: Un-Biased mind(be able to speak English good XP sorry for the typo), good judgement, knowledgeable about the rules and what is the proper action upon someone breaking them, gen activation and maintenance, Pushing the servers plugins and minecraft game features to find any bugs to fix or keep an eye on, know how to use the plugins correctly and efficiently, any projects that needs to be done/worked on, and server security.

Why you think you should become this rank: I have a great deal of experience with World edit and a few other pluggins used by the server. I have shown in the past what i can do with world edit, however only a hand full of players have seen my work. I am biased on the towns conflicts cause I am a natural hermit and avoid as much pvp with this account as possible. Plus I have some opinions, thoughts, and ideas that may differ...... Ok... I mean they are totally different from most so I can bring a different thought process to server content.

When you started playing on the server: April or May of 2011

Time zone in relation to GMT: EST

How often do you play (hours a day/week): Varies from 2hours to 15 hours a week

mopb3

Slicer
Slimjim1988 said:
Biased mind
Not quite Jim XD

Also with regards to world edit, overseer's don't have it so your experience and talent would be rather unused in the eventuality that you do get the rank.

I'd fully support Jim for staying Guardian, but due to rather low play time I wouldn't vouch for him being Overseer.

adderman500

Slicer
Seems like a nice guy, fully worthy as guardian from my limited experience. Limited because i never see him online...

Slimjim1988

Slicer
mopb3 said:
Slimjim1988 said:
Biased mind
Not quite Jim XD

Also with regards to world edit, overseer's don't have it so your experience and talent would be rather unused in the eventuality that you do get the rank.

That was a typo i meant unbiased. XP

For about the World Edit issue i will respond:
Their job is similar to Guardians but on top of protecting the server they are also involved in server work behind the scenes. This includes projects that benefit the whole sever such as non player built creations around the server. (non player built creations such as spawn are the only non legit buildings on the server, and are built outside the server and copied in
As stated in mag's post for Overseer responsibilities. I have seen some plugins that can be used for non-player builds, so i know what needs to be done and what i can do to help out with.

Zor95

Slicer
Slim didn't make guardian until a couple months into Loka but yeah he was like #5

Gudbrandr

Slicer
mopb3 said:
Newdood said:
Slim was one of the first guardians... So yeah... No duh he should be overseer :p
He is the most recent Guardian that exists.
He hasn't been on long enough to know most of the history so you can't blame him. :p Not the first misinformed comment I saw on the forums from him. +1 Support from Gudbrandr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back