Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Spawn Museum!

gabrosen

Slicer
I feel like having a Museum at spawn could be very useful and even helpful for newer players to understand Loka's lore a bit more! this could show maps of the current world and past ones as well as Items, player heads, special weapons and/or things (mined, dug, crafted, cooked, gathered, or imbued) in different towns. This could also replace the admin building, maybe it could show current admins and even in the future you could be able to add the "Time-lost gates" to this build! Just a suggestion :D

Comments and/or Opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Ajaxan

Slicer
To be completely honest, many people want to get into the action of Loka right away. I'd spawn them in the Town area where all the towns display their banners and such. Lore is for those who like history and want to add to it. If you drop every new player in this world and throw a history book at them you might actually get the opposite of the intended effect.

gabrosen

Slicer
To be completely honest, many people want to get into the action of Loka right away. I'd spawn them in the Town area where all the towns display their banners and such. Lore is for those who like history and want to add to it. If you drop every new player in this world and throw a history book at them you might actually get the opposite of the intended effect.

I never said they needed to be directed into the museum. It would be nice to add to spawn for further understanding of Loka's history. And what I meant by "helping new players" is showing them who the current admins are and maybe even what the rank does to help the community. Their can also be things like tips that remind you to join the forums and so forth. I'm not saying to "drop every new player in this world and throw a history book at them" I'm saying if they want to go out and explore spawn a little they might learn something new!!! :D

Ajaxan

Slicer
Ah ok, I guess I misunderstood that a little bit. Although my guess is that the Admins are hoping the library will serve the function you mentioned. If it doesn't though, id also like to see something like a museum at spawn.

Grubul

Slicer
id say make a museum in the basement of library. Each town can have its own history and museums but past worlds and server lore would be there.

Back