Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

suby's ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

subys

Username: subys
Length of Ban: Perm
Reason for ban: Fly Hacking
Reference: Video in Admin Chat

Why should you get unbanned:

Reason: Dear Loka Staff and Community, I was falsely banned for fly hacking when I was on my way to a conquest fight one night. I couldn’t warp as it was a nomad fight so I had an ally send me the coords and flew with my elytra and fireworks. I made it to the fight the first time and quickly died, so the 2nd time on my back while flying I was banned for fly hacking. I don’t know if it was a visual bug, but I was able to shadowplay me flying and getting banned, yet when my friend asked the staff he said that it was the first time I was flying to the fight, not the 2nd. (shown in the admin chat). I did not clip the first time but the staff said I was “fly hacking” but on my second time going I asked for fireworks in the video from an ally. If I was fly hacking wouldn’t I just fly without fireworks and not ask for any? It doesn’t make sense, why would I fly the first time but not the second? A staff member also said they warned me for the first time flying which I had not noticed. I will admit I was using health indicators even though they don’t work they are still illegal to have on. I’ve been banned for a week so far but was wondering if I could get unbanned or a temp ban for the indicators..

TheFreshLemon

Slicer
+1. Deserves to be unbanned and bring back screenshares because these bans are dumb. The new rule is stupid unless you're blatantly hacking which people use to get banned for instantly anyway. If someone's suspected of hacks they should be looked into and screenshared not perm-banned on the spot, it's too hard to judge from the eye especially in 1.9 combat and for PvP.
#FreeMyGuys

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
on an elytra? lol
If you're in elytra mode I would think they could see that your elytra is, you know, out on your back... You've really got no way other than the shadowplay to prove yourself, but considering that it was likely blatant you should stay banned.

Lampp_

If you're in elytra mode I would think they could see that your elytra is, you know, out on your back... You've really got no way other than the shadowplay to prove yourself, but considering that it was likely blatant you should stay banned.
dats why i said +1 if he has the vid

subys

i was on the elytra the entire time, thats what i said. the staff have the video. they can deal with it now.

Lurnn

Slicer
Neutral about this ban

But just something about "screensharing"

Screensharing should never be over relied on, it's never fool proof especially now more than ever, and if i can get screenshared and that be a "verification" that I'm legit or not cheating, that's just crazy lmao.

Lampp_

Neutral about this ban

But just something about "screensharing"

Screensharing should never be over relied on, it's never fool proof especially now more than ever, and if i can get screenshared and that be a "verification" that I'm legit or not cheating, that's just crazy lmao.
lurnn spitting fax O_O

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Wanted to go through the series of events to clarify what happened.

• Subys triggered our anti-cheat and a member of staff teleported to his location to watch him.
  • Subys was standing on the ground in the wilderness going to a nomad conquest fight at this time.
  • He then proceeded to gain momentum from the ground into the air with an elytra while using no fireworks and having none in his inventory/offhand.
  • Another staff member online at this time was told and also witnessed this to be true.
  • Subys was messaged and instructed to turn off whatever he was using but never responded before entering the Battle Zone.
  • The last message staff sent was, conveniently, moments before the video evidence began (based on other messages in public chat that can be seen during recording).
  • While still being monitored (and also filmed in the video) he asked someone at docks for rockets so he could fly this time legitimately.
  • Staff had now given him enough time and chances to respond and had time ourselves to discuss internally the length of the ban
  • Subys was perma banned for using hacks to attend and fight in a conquest battle.
After these events staff tested a couple of hacked clients on our test server to try and reproduce what we saw. It turned out to be incredibly easy to do and triggered the same anti cheat check that Subys initially triggered. This type of hack exploits the fact that the player has an elytra equipped to trick most anti cheats into thinking it is legit. This is why our anti cheat did not trigger as consistently and reliably as it does with other hacks. We are currently testing settings to make this check more sensitive.

This was an incredibly blatant use of hacks and the ban will remain. I suggest those who throw around strong opinions with no information on the events get all the facts first. Lurnn is spot on with what he says about screensharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back