Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

(Suggestion) 1v1 Ranking

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
The website listing of stats is out of date and hasn't reset. What it's currently showing is both players from last season who haven't played since then as well as current season players. When I update the website "Sometime Soon", the information will be current and make sense.

Red and Green arrows on the arena ratings, btw, indicates streaks.

MasterAegon

Slicer
The problem you're concerned with is particular. VotA rankings are based on points accrued over time. Everyone started at zero at the beginning of the season.

1v1 and 2v2 are on an ELO system. Everyone starts at 1500 and your score fluctuates based on who you play and what their rank is. I do agree that brand new players shouldn't on there until they've played enough games to prove it. I actually that that's how it worked. Didn't we have to play at least 10 games before we got put on the ranking before, Crypt?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
The 10 game thing is only for tabulation at the end of the season. You show up on the site if you've played one game.

Ronshaud

Slicer
When I update the website "Sometime Soon", the information will be current and make sense.
Ah, I understand now. Also, ingame; stats aren't updating for me when I do /pvp. Either it's slowly updating or a bug has risen.

MasterAegon

Slicer
The 10 game thing is only for tabulation at the end of the season. You show up on the site if you've played one game.

Think it would be feasible just to implement it at the beginning of the season? That way your initial ranking would show based on your performance right out the gate.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
We don't have enough people doing 1v1's where there's a big need to reduce the number of players showing on the list. I'd rather see more players up there at the moment until we get enough players that it's worth filtering them out.

MasterAegon

Slicer
I'm confused on that. We have 12 pages and 285 players on the 1v1 rankings. Is that because of the disconnect between server and website?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Yep cause it's still showing last season's players too. I could curtail players with only 1 game played to start with.

FatPoulet

Slicer
The website listing of stats is out of date and hasn't reset. What it's currently showing is both players from last season who haven't played since then as well as current season players. When I update the website "Sometime Soon", the information will be current and make sense.

Red and Green arrows on the arena ratings, btw, indicates streaks.
Weird, I haven't played any 1v1 ranked yet and I am not showing up on it.

Back