Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Temporary town permissions

RCAD

I have a suggestion to implement a command, that allows town owners to give temporary permissions to members of other towns. It could work for everyone or maybe just for those who are in the same alliance. The idea came from me switching towns to help on building complicated redstone constraptions. But often after i'm done there is noone to add me back to my town. So the whole purpose would be to help people do building or redstone for allied town or just whoever.

Ajaxan

Slicer
I'd also like to see something like this. Currently having members switch towns often is just a hassle. If you could, for example, give some temporary access with something like /g addtemp <player> <time in minutes>. This would allow you to temp add someone to your town and it wouldn't be reliant on whether you are currently in a town.

Strongeee

Slicer
Or maybe setting a zone for non town members :) That way if someone is there to build the owner doesn't have to watch them. they can just leave without worrying the person will go around into places looting it. But some feature like this is really needed.

I support slave labor in the Loka community and this will help with that c:

Jedoi

Slicer
Long, long ago, in a Loka far, far away, this was actually a thing. Sort of. You could be added to multiple gens at the same time and switch your hometown whenever you felt like it.

Ah, memories.

Leasaur

Slicer
Long, long ago, in a Loka far, far away, this was actually a thing. Sort of. You could be added to multiple gens at the same time and switch your hometown whenever you felt like it.

Ah, memories.

Perhaps it's time to bring this back? If the no-town-betrayal rule is kept in, and people with perms in towns that aren't their home town are restricted to, say, town level 1, this could be useful.

Ajaxan

Slicer
I'd argue against this based solely on the fact that you want people to grow attached to a particular place. If everyone is friends with everyone half the point of the server (War and conquest) will be lost. As much as I loved to be a member of more towns, I also know I'd find it hard to fight against a town if I was or had been a part of that town.

But assuming you can add a tempadd command I'd actually be in favor of adding a punishment for leaving a town. Like, you can't join a new town for 2-3 days. This would encourage people to be more loyal and make it very hard to betray another alliance quickly. The exception to this rule would be if a leader "gracefully" removed you.

There would be 3 ways to leave an alliance:
1) Simply leave by yourself. Suffer consequences mentioned above.
2) Ungracefully kicked out. Suffer consequences above.
3) Gracefully kicked out. No consequences.

The difference between the final two options would just be a different command and the manner in which they are used. Member of your town being mean and not helpful? Ungracefully kicked out. Simply want to change things up and they talked it out with the leader? Gracefully kicked out.

Strongeee

Slicer
Please bring back .. Gawd

I think this will just cause towns to not have any real solid in town community :S Everyone will be hopping around and you wont know if someone is going to leave the town for a bit or not.

Also If it was to come back, there should be a forced tax payment for living in multiple towns. (pay taxes to non home towns) that way people can't join a bunch of towns unless they are hard working to get to pay the taxes :)

Ajaxan

Slicer
Yeah, assuming you do end up bring back multiple towns I agree that some sort of "tax" or something should be instituted. still though I'd prefer to only see a temporary add command. Keeping the town communities alive is so important. Each town should (in theory) develope their own styles and cultures. If everyone is a part of multiple towns we will see less of this.

Lazuli73

Slicer
Perhaps to try and avoid this town betrayal we could add options that toggle the temporary member's ability to move about in the town. They can only open certain chests or unlock certain doors. Or not being able to do either if the host so chooses.

Ajaxan

Slicer
Well i like the idea of the ability to designate zones in which they can work. That way they are only able to have access to a certain area. Although I honestly think it should be up to the town members who let them in to watch them beyond that. Its a role playing thing. If they manage to make off with something you weren't watching them well and you shouldn't have trusted a stranger to work on your town. ;)

Obviously though that is a bit harsh so I'd understand if people disagree with me on that point, haha.

Back