Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

TeraMarie for Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeraMarie

Slicer
Guess whose back.....back again....

Current rank: Sentry

Which rank you are applying for: Guardian

What you think is expected of this rank: When I look over the specifications of being a guardian, the main thing I see is rule enforcement. Being able to understand the rules from all perspectives and being able to enforce them in a timely manner is one of the bigger things expected of a guardian. Being able to understand all the information in a problem and solving it to suit all parties, as well as being able to have an all around knowledge of the players on the server. Being able to log on and talk to people and see how they are enjoying the server and if there's anything that we can do to help is also very important. Guardians are the role models of the server, so being able to give a positive outlook about the server to any players, new or old, is always something to keep in mind.

Why you think you should become this rank: Over the last two years of being on Loka, I've felt like I've grown up, not only with the players but also with the staff. I've tried to enforce the rules to the best of my abilities, and I have really tried to understand how players are feeling overall about the server and the set of rules that we have. I believe after 2 years I have been able to really learn all the rules and figure out the best way to enforce each one.

When you started playing on the server: September 14th, 2016 and still chugging.

Time zone: Eastern Standard Time

How often do you play (hours a day/week): I try to play every day, although my work schedule is kinda hectic due to wedding season. When I do play, its normally for 4-5 hours at a time.

PS: I know that there has been a lot said about me in the past on this server, but I truly believe after everything that has happened that I have grown as a person and a player for the server, and it would be my greatest hope that you give me the opportunity to be a Guardian for you guys. Thanks for your consideration!!! :D

Kaph

Sentry
I do not think you are a good candidate for Guardian at all. From a personal standpoint, I've had very few positive interactions with you, with many more negative instances under your belt. I'm sure others will be able to relate to this. You seem to find yourself (often irresponsibly) in petty conflicts; you are notoriously unreliable; and lack many qualities and traits that should be present in Guardians.

In addition, it hasn't been long since you stepped down from your Sentry role. You were only recently given it back following an apparent break. Obviously I don't know the circumstances behind your temporary leave, but it would probably be better to wait before you are promoted to an even higher staff position. Maybe others can add their input, but I also know that you have a history of taking sporadic breaks. I also believe that you've at least threatened to leave in the past, due to events that you disliked or disagreed with.

Next, I would like to focus on your application, since I believe there is room for scrutiny there. You haven't included any valid reasons for becoming a Guardian. You've "grown up"? What do you even mean by that? In addition, how is it justification for being promoted to the highest administrative staff role? Maybe you can back these claims up, but I would like to see substantial elaboration. Of course, it's good that you feel confident with knowing Loka's rules, but I would expect that from any Sentry.

You've had multiple Guardian applications in the past, all rejected. Some have even been deleted, I believe. Whilst I admire your dedication, I am beginning to question what your motivations truly are.

Apologies for the long response, but thank you to anyone who has taken the time to read it in full.

TeraMarie

Slicer
I do not think you are a good candidate for Guardian at all. From a personal standpoint, I've had very few positive interactions with you, with many more negative instances under your belt. I'm sure others will be able to relate to this. You seem to find yourself (often irresponsibly) in petty conflicts; you are notoriously unreliable; and lack many qualities and traits that should be present in Guardians.

In addition, it hasn't been long since you stepped down from your Sentry role. You were only recently given it back following an apparent break. Obviously I don't know the circumstances behind your temporary leave, but it would probably be better to wait before you are promoted to an even higher staff position. Maybe others can add their input, but I also know that you have a history of taking sporadic breaks. I also believe that you've at least threatened to leave in the past, due to events that you disliked or disagreed with.

Next, I would like to focus on your application, since I believe there is room for scrutiny there. You haven't included any valid reasons for becoming a Guardian. You've "grown up"? What do you even mean by that? In addition, how is it justification for being promoted to the highest administrative staff role? Maybe you can back these claims up, but I would like to see substantial elaboration. Of course, it's good that you feel confident with knowing Loka's rules, but I would expect that from any Sentry.

You've had multiple Guardian applications in the past, all rejected. Some have even been deleted, I believe. Whilst I admire your dedication, I am beginning to question what your motivations truly are.

Apologies for the long response, but thank you to anyone who has taken the time to read it in full.
Thank you for typing everything out. If you don’t mind I’m going to give my response to all of the subjects you brought up. I’m not sure what you mean by petty conflicts, when most of the conflicts that have occurred were in coorelation with how the rules are interpreted by players and staff. All staff members have a different way of enforcing the rules, and all staff have a different view on rules. Mine, of course, are more strict compared to being laid back. And any players that have had conflict with that have understandably not liked the fact that I am more strict. We have a set of rules to play by for a reason.
The most recent stepping down from my staff position was because I wasn’t as active as I was liking to be, due to work and my mother’s timeframe with her chemo, so if my absence from being a sentry for a month was that negative, I do sincerely apologize. But as I’m sure you understand and other players understand, personal lives come before Minecraft.
As to the statement of me threatening to leave, yes. I have once when I did not find the rules and happenings of the server to be just. That is to my own opinions and ideas. But like I also said, I have grown up. I realize some of the things that I have done on the server impacted more negatively than positive and I want to change that.
On the wording of growing up, many other players believe that I shouldn’t be staff because of my anger or my way of treating certain subjects, to which I have started taking care of how I say things and how I act on the server, in turn growing up. I realize I could have acted certain ways or changed how I said things and if I had the situation would be different. I feel at this moment in time I work hard on the server to make sure players are following any rules, whether they have questions on them or are breaking them, and helping them figure out what is going on, which is what sentries should do, and I’d like to take the next step in helping players, like being able to make sure there’s no hacking or griefing, help new players in situations that are unable to be helped with being a sentry, or helping the higher staff to another level when they need another hand.
Yes this is my I believe fourth guardian application, and yes my last was deleted. It was deleted due to reasons that cryptite understands and overall is a different application to this one. That application was set back multiple weeks from this one, and I have been able to learn from where I was then to where I am now. I appreciate you taking the time to talk out your concerns and I hope my response fills in any holes you might have.

Thanielle

Sentry
I'm sorry to say that the thought of you being a guardian terrifies me, I've had so many negative interactions with you in the past that it's gonna take a lot to change my opinion of you. To me it's evident that you are biased against me and a lot of other players, I don't care what you say I know it's true. In the past you've told some people that me and some of my friends are shit people and that you hated us, after an argument over some items. I don't think I could play Loka in the same way that i do now if you were a guardian, just because I'd be terrified of what you'd try to do to me and the others who you dislike on the server. Again I'm sorry, but until you can prove to me that you've changed from how you used to be, it's a -1 from me.

TeraMarie

Slicer
I'm sorry to say that the thought of you being a guardian terrifies me, I've had so many negative interactions with you in the past that it's gonna take a lot to change my opinion of you. To me it's evident that you are biased against me and a lot of other players, I don't care what you say I know it's true. In the past you've told some people that me and some of my friends are shit people and that you hated us, after an argument over some items. I don't think I could play Loka in the same way that i do now if you were a guardian, just because I'd be terrified of what you'd try to do to me and the others who you dislike on the server. Again I'm sorry, but until you can prove to me that you've changed from how you used to be, it's a -1 from me.
I appreciate you saying this. When I look back at how I was months ago compared to now, i do regret how I was. I never hated you, I was just bad at keeping in mind what I was doing, to which I have changed. The point of being a guardian is to help players, not be spiteful, so to your fear of me doing something to you, that's your own personal vendetta against me. You have your own opinions and feelings towards me, yes, but that is how it is with all players on the server. I regret how I acted in the past and I want to change that. When it comes to allegations from the past, that was the past and we have all grown and changed due to them. I appreciate you taking the time to give your feelings, and although some of them are understandable, some are just due to the fact that you haven't actually had a conversation with me since you were made guardian then demoted. You haven't seen how I have changed or grown in the past weeks. Thank you for your opinion though :)

Kaph

Sentry
Tera, you have to understand that people may not agree with the fact that you've "changed" or "grown", so you can't just flat-out dismiss events that have happened in the past. The fact that you regret them, and have also shown little signs of actually changing, is worrying in itself. I believe this has been said in your previous applications, however.

TeraMarie

Slicer
Tera, you have to understand that people may not agree with the fact that you've "changed" or "grown", so you can't just flat-out dismiss events that have happened in the past. The fact that you regret them, and have also shown little signs of actually changing, is worrying in itself. I believe this has been said in your previous applications, however.
I'm not dismissing the fact that they have happened, I know they have happened. But overall they are in the past, and hasn't happened again. I;m not sure what you mean by little signs of changing, seeing as how I'm on the server as much as I can be and enforcing the rules that we were given to enforce and being a part of the community to the best of my ability with the time that I have.

Kaph

Sentry
I'm not dismissing the fact that they have happened, I know they have happened. But overall they are in the past, and hasn't happened again. I;m not sure what you mean by little signs of changing, seeing as how I'm on the server as much as I can be and enforcing the rules that we were given to enforce and being a part of the community to the best of my ability with the time that I have.

Maybe we should allow more time to pass to ensure that you have truly changed, and don't continue to act in that manner. After all, Sentries don't become Guardians just for enforcing rules and performing duties

Last edited:

TeraMarie

Slicer
Maybe we should allow more time to pass to ensure that you have truly changed, and don't continue to act in that matter. After all, Sentries don't become Guardians just for enforcing rules and performing duties
I choose to move forward and to hope for the best, not to dwell on things that cannot be changed now. I appreciate both of your opinions and I hope you can both be online more and see the changes and growth that I believe have happened.

koi0001

Guardian
I don't want to get caught in the crossfire and I don't feel I'm in any way fit to judge others on if they should be eligible for staff positions but evidence of Tera maturing is the fact that she's taking all these criticisms in her stride and not resorting to petty comments. Tera has been a long time member of Loka, yes she has taken absences from the server but that being said who hasn't?

I'm not saying for or against Tera for the role of Guardian but she definitely has matured recently. I'm aware that some players will disagree with this but please consider how recent the grievance was and the contributing factors (perhaps you might of said something offensive and not notice).

OtakuBookWorm

Slicer
I don't think you should be guardian. Your application says that you do your job and have become more mature which doesn't mean you should be guardian. A lot of sentries do their job, some faster than others. It doesn't mean all sentries should be guardian because they do their job.
And on the mature part, you acted passive aggressive last night when something like that wasn't needed. I think guardians should hold themselves high to not act accordingly after fights.
Finally, I want to somewhat agree with Thanius. I think you make it scary for people in you becoming guardian because of your past occurrences of you being emotionally unstable. In that I mean, taking multiple breaks on Loka claiming that you're gone forever and your outbursts in public chat.
I just hope you can understand where I and everyone else is coming from.

TeraMarie

Slicer
I don't think you should be guardian. Your application says that you do your job and have become more mature which doesn't mean you should be guardian. A lot of sentries do their job, some faster than others. It doesn't mean all sentries should be guardian because they do their job.
And on the mature part, you acted passive aggressive last night when something like that wasn't needed. I think guardians should hold themselves high to not act accordingly after fights.
Finally, I want to somewhat agree with Thanius. I think you make it scary for people in you becoming guardian because of your past occurrences of you being emotionally unstable. In that I mean, taking multiple breaks on Loka claiming that you're gone forever and your outbursts in public chat.
I just hope you can understand where I and everyone else is coming from.
I appreciate your point of view, but as I have said before, what happened in the past is the past. Last night was a fight at 2:30 in the morning and I made a joking comment to another player. And with what Thanius has said and you agreeing with him, what happened in the past is IN the past. I'd rather not continuously restate that, seeing as how I have had to in every comment now. I really do appreciate your opinions, but rather than saying the same things over and over, give more constructive criticism rather than what happened weeks or months ago.

Taking breaks on loka due to my own mental and emotional wellbeing is something that I see as perfectly normal. I'm sorry that I take breaks to take care of my mom or to move or start new jobs. If you will really use that against me when working to make the server better and trying to get that knowledge to players, then I'm sorry but you don't realize that Minecraft is less important than actual life.

When it comes to the other sentries, yes, we all do our jobs. But it's the people who make an effort to move forward rather than sit back and relax that are meant to strive and be guardians. I am working to be a better person, player, and staff member. If you do not agree with me than that's your own choice. But I believe I am able to make a difference on this server for the better.

Thanks for taking the time to respond Otaku.

OtakuBookWorm

Slicer
I just want to clarify what I was trying to say in my last paragraph thingy. I realize that it was in the past. It's why I tried not to focus on the past as much in my comment. I am just saying that you need to understand why people will be scared because of your past. It's a long past that won't be forgotten easily. Especially since you've only recently become more active than you used to be.

TeraMarie

Slicer
I just want to clarify what I was trying to say in my last paragraph thingy. I realize that it was in the past. It's why I tried not to focus on the past as much in my comment. I am just saying that you need to understand why people will be scared because of your past. It's a long past that won't be forgotten easily. Especially since you've only recently become more active than you used to be.
I have always been active on Loka, only time I was truly inactive was back in January for a month because of my mom. But all the statements you made did involve the past other than the one comment about last night. All things in the past happened weeks or months ago, after my last application was deleted on my own accordance. I’m sorry if my life is one that scares you all, but since it is under control more than it has been ever in my life, I feel like I deserve a chance just like any other person would.

Kaph

Sentry
Apologies for replying again, but I believe that I can add more to the current discussion.

In my original response, I stated that Tera often finds herself in petty conflicts. She disputed this by saying that they were only due to rule violations, and her work as a Sentry. This simply isn't true - I have witnessed, and occassionally been a party to, these conflicts. I agree with Otaku in that you have a history of making unnecessary passive aggressive comments. Additionally, I have experienced the manner in which she can talk about people, which is not what I would expect of a hopeful Guardian applicant. The following Imgur album contains just a small amount of screenshots which should back this up. It is not exhaustive, as I do not have access to many screenshots, however I wanted to have tangible proof to base my viewpoint on.

The following Imgur album contains profane language
https://imgur.com/a/js0KBnt?

Many of these screenshots were about me personally. At the time, I had no other reason to collect screenshots that weren't pertaining to myself, as I wasn't invested in documenting anything more comprehensive. However, even putting the (undeniably negative) relationship between Tera and I aside, I do not believe that her behaviour matches that of a suitable Guardian. It is also not appropriate to dismiss her behaviour as being "in the past".

This will likely be my final response. Thanks.

Drew_doc

Slicer
Apologies for replying again, but I believe that I can add more to the current discussion.

In my original response, I stated that Tera often finds herself in petty conflicts. She disputed this by saying that they were only due to rule violations, and her work as a Sentry. This simply isn't true - I have witnessed, and occassionally been a party to, these conflicts. I agree with Otaku in that you have a history of making unnecessary passive aggressive comments. Additionally, I have experienced the manner in which she can talk about people, which is not what I would expect of a hopeful Guardian applicant. The following Imgur album contains just a small amount of screenshots which should back this up. It is not exhaustive, as I do not have access to many screenshots, however I wanted to have tangible proof to base my viewpoint on.

The following Imgur album contains profane language
https://imgur.com/a/js0KBnt?

Many of these screenshots were about me personally. At the time, I had no other reason to collect screenshots that weren't pertaining to myself, as I wasn't invested in documenting anything more comprehensive. However, even putting the (undeniably negative) relationship between Tera and I aside, I do not believe that her behaviour matches that of a suitable Guardian. It is also not appropriate to dismiss her behaviour as being "in the past".

This will likely be my final response. Thanks.

You say that her behavior isn't in the past but you provide zero actual quotes from her with her current name showing that this is current. There is a difference too to expressing frustration at something in a relatively private chat, banter as the quote portion with me, as well as providing the full context of the messages as to not simply take messages out of context.

Kaph

Sentry
You say that her behavior isn't in the past but you provide zero actual quotes from her with her current name showing that this is current. There is a difference too to expressing frustration at something in a relatively private chat, banter as the quote portion with me, as well as providing the full context of the messages as to not simply take messages out of context.

I did not say that it wasn't in the past. However, I did say that it is not appropriate to dismiss a person's entire history simply due to that. If she is changing, then I respect that, but I see more evidence of the contrary. At the time I took the screenshots, I included as much context as was necessary. However, I wasn't expecting to ever need to use the screenshots, so I apologise that they are sized rather small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back