Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion The ability to create blank industry buildings

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
Although the industry buildings do look very nice, they don't fit into every town's theme. Currently it's a real pain to have to level an industry building before building a new one in it's place. If you built the new replacement structure first you can forget about making it into an actual industry building.

I suggest that in addition to the current industry presets, users should be able to create blank industries with only the two chests and daylight sensor when applicable. These blank industries would also be much more lenient in what blocks they allow within their region limits during placement so that one can easily turn an existing build into an industry.

gabrosen

Slicer
Although the industry buildings do look very nice, they don't fit into every town's theme. Currently it's a real pain to have to level an industry building before building a new one in it's place. If you built the new replacement structure first you can forget about making it into an actual industry building.

I suggest that in addition to the current industry presets, users should be able to create blank industries with only the two chests and daylight sensor when applicable. These blank industries would also be much more lenient in what blocks they allow within their region limits during placement so that one can easily turn an existing build into an industry.

Yes this would be very nice indeed!

agorednocit

Slicer
There used to be an option with the golden axe to set industry zones. It was removed because a few towns had made industry buildings with only two chests (I don't think that's a big enough reason to take away the option) which didn't fit with the goal of having towns with distinct buildings. And sometimes a guardian had to help out if the zone placement caused problems. I fully support bringing it back, I haven't even made the logging or excavation industries because they are too big and would mess up the layout of my town.

Lazuli73

Slicer
What I've done with one of my industries is place the building where I planned to build another unrelated structure. Though it took some extra work I now have my mining industry in my stables. If the industries don't fit into your town layout I would suggest you try something similar. Once you remove the original design you can have the two chests as just apart of whatever building is actually supposed to be there.

Wolfegger

Slicer
I overlapped two industry zones which helped me conserve space. They could not overlap completely, as I had to have space unique to each industry where the chests could be placed. I bet you could overlap four of them, with just enough space at each corner zoned only for one industry, for the chests.

agorednocit

Slicer
I'm not saying it's impossible to fit them, but it causes unnecessary complications. I had to reconstruct a 13x15x13 hole in my town where I wanted the mine to go, and couldn't use any of the space above or around it because no other chests can be placed where the boundaries of the mine are. I do want to have separate buildings for industries but I don't want a chunk of my town replaced with a big viking building, and I want the ability to easily move industries between pre-existing structures.

Back