Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

The Argus Council

MasterAegon

Slicer
The Argus Council

The room smelled faintly of mead with a hint of charred wood. The embers in the fire burned low. Aegon was already approaching the hearth with more wood. His eyes shone more vividly as he stoked the fire back to life. The flames gave him comfort.

"So what is it we're all here for?" Opyc asked bluntly. Aegon continued to look at the fire.

"We're here to discuss the upcoming capital policies..." He hesitated and could feel Def's eyes on his back. "As well as discuss a more pressing matter."

Opyc seemed to frown slightly. He was not one for meetings. The man spent most of his time surrounded by tools and tracks as of late. Mag was going through some scrolls with Skip and Eric. Def finally chimed in.

"We know what the policies will be, that's been discussed enough to understand. Tell us what the concern is."

"Oi, the man has a point, out with it. I'd like to get back to dormancy if you know what I mean." Mop cracked a smilewith Adder and the other enjoyed the humor in it as well with smiles of their own. Aegon remained unflinching.

"I've lost two men these past couple weeks because they could not respect the laws beneath the Artifact. Forgive my solemnity."

He rose and turned to face all of his friends. They were all equals at this table. He was beyond grateful for the respect they extended him in or outside of Dragonstone. It was for this reason he was comfortable sharing the information he had.

"My fear for the coming changes has been noted. I won't continue to burden anyone with that talk. Argus has gained new members beneath the sigil of Dragonstone. This is a positive leap forward, but we will continue to have enemies..."

"Aye!" Came the response with laughter from most of them. Pearl seemed to be the quietest but his prowess spoke louder than any others in the room.

Aegon smiled at their eagerness to fight in the name of Argus. He could see the reservations on Ron and Jedi's faces. This is all new to them. May the blood of the Dragon compel them accordingly...and the spirit of Argus guide their own.

"My worry is not of a defeat in combat but more of presence coming from the Artifact." Aegon had been spending a lot more time at the Artifact and within the town beneath it. Whatever the presence he felt, it pulled at his heart. "Something is coming...but I do not know what.."

They began to exchange looks.

"What in five hells does that mean?" Mop said, confused.

"What are the five hells?" Mag said to try and add humor.

"Eh, you know, like the one we know but five of 'em." Mop said with a chuckle.

There was mild laughter again, rendering the drama to a low. Aegon was thankful again for the allies and company he kept. He raised his hands.

"Alright alright," he said, hoping to calm the chatter, "what it means is that the Artifact is preparing for something again. It happened once before when Crypt was overwhelmed by its influence with a warning."

It was as if he could see every one of them recalling that day when Loka's esteemed defender behaved so sporadically, shouting 'War!' and 'Go forth!'.

"We all know what happened last time..." Def stated. Several of them just seemed to nod in acknowledgment of the warfare that raged ever since.

"Precisely, but it is beyond me to say what it means this time..." Aegon felt shame for not having the answers. "I only wanted all of you to be aware, something IS coming, and it is directly due to the Artifact..again."

If pensive stares could bore holes through wood, the table would have looked like an archery target. Finally Mag looked back up at him.

"No matter, old friend. We'll stand with heads held high and swords at the ready whatever we're confronted with." Aegon nodded and smiled.

"I'm glad to hear it. I'm glad to have every one of you at this table and be a part of this alliance. Our strength goes well beyond the way we fight on the battlefield. For that I know we can endure anything."

"Aw, do we get a hug with the speech?" Aegon knee Eric couldn't leave without a comment. They all laughed heartily with that one though.

"Sure, Eric, let me get my chest plate of thorns first." He waited a moment for the laughter to die down some more. "In all honesty, our numbers are dwindling. Few of us are here that go as far back as the Third Age and fewer that date further. The worry of who continues to understand the Knife and the Artifact will come soon..."

There was a lull in the talk as that realization came to light. Aegon couldn't bear keeping the mood sullen though.

"But until that time comes....the first round at the tavern is on me!"

<<<<<<>>>>>>​

Aegon could still hear the cheers echoing in his ears from that council meeting when they funneled out to head for the tavern. His purple eyes stared at the Artifact's core now, glowing in unison with the power of the device. He stood atop the Tower as he did so often with the omniscient relic. What's going on in there...?, he thought. What have the Ancients got in store this time...?

Dwemer_Sphere

Slicer
Merric would rush hastely into the tavern with an unearving look upon his face*
" Tavern master do you know where Aegon is?"
The Tavern master would point him to where Aegon stood as he finished his sentence."* Merric would puff as he was clearly exhausted from his rushing speed.*

"Aegon we have some troublsome news about Soul Shard. We met below in the bowels of the research tower I am building for the researchers and we came up with a disturbing find. We believe a necromancer by the name of Memnon may have used the tragic event of the Temporal Quake we lokans where theorised to cause with our mass exodux here by the knife that whiped out the Dwemer...To trap their souls inside the Soul shard. We believe Memnon may have been trying to craft another Artifact. He was trying to make his soul shard into an Artifact but instead of the Artifact we know which brings our dead souls and bodies back to sentience Memnons Soul shard would only bring back the body as a raised commandable undead. With this he planned to use the entire Dwemer race to destroy the Artifact to complete the transformation of his. We believe that if someones soul is absorbed by the Soul Shard it prevents the Artifact from bringing them back. That is why the Dwemer have never been seen since the downfall of their race even though the Artifact was here at that time. We are doing our research now trying our best to disprove the dire situation this may cause. If the Artifact is indeed destroyed that would mean our souls would belong to the Soul Shard. I believe aswell Memnon has surrived this long since the time of the Dwemer who Memnon is to the Dwemer as a human I have no idea....But I believe Memnons soul is Trapped inside the Soul Shard aswell. He has some how maintained his sentience inside the Soul Shard and may be trying to Activate the Soul Shard to bring forth the Dwemer undead Army."​

mopb3

Slicer
"Oi, the man has a point, out with it. I'd like to get back to dormancy if you know what I mean." Mop cracked a smilewith Adder and the other enjoyed the humor in it as well with smiles of their own. Aegon remained unflinching.
It is with slight shame that I admit in a blank moment I wondered what dormancy was, then arrived at the conclusion you must think me a wizard with Doors.

Back