Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

The Forums

adderman500

Slicer
I've tried hard to get used to the new forums since their introduction, but I really can't get to grips with them. They just aren't as easy to use, and it's more difficult to quickly check them, or catch up if you've been away for a longer period of time.

I know you may feel I'm being old fashioned or object to change, but I very strongly feel that they are quite simply rubbish. They aren't as clear as the last ones, they don't look as nice, and literally the only benefit I can think of is that you aren't taken to a different page for replying. I think that is such a negligible difference that these new forums aren't worth it. Is it now too late to go back? Or remodel again? Or perhaps I'm on my own here?

I think I'm starting to get used to them, hell I can't even remember how the old forums looked. The biggest issue I have with the new forums is you can't search threads that were made in the old forums :<

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I still don't understand what's more difficult about these forums than the old ones. In terms of looking for new posts, you just click one button, just like the last forums. Further, when you click on a thread that has new posts, it automatically takes you to the latest post (whereas on the last forums, you had to click a little tiny arrow to do that).

I just don't understand what about the old forums everybody loved so much, because afaik there isn't a single thing the old forums did better than this one does.

Artagan

Slicer
I like these forums a lot more, actually. Just as user friendly as the old ones, as far as I can tell. And they look so much better.

Lazuli73

Slicer
Both forum styles had their benefits. Personally I liked the old ones for the curb appeal. I like the new forums for the reply on the same page thing. For me it's not that they are a labyrinth of mystery, but I just prefer the old style.

Back