Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

The Good Ol' Days

DeceitfulPear

Guardian
A bell chimes in the distance. Usually a calming noise even though I have never once seen the bell making that noise; however, as I wander through what used to be my home in my ethereal state all I feel is a lingering feeling of nostalgia and regret.

I’m standing within the central tower, some blood stains from our times of joy as we ignored all the goals we were trying to accomplish. Really it was just Xlan easily killing us all since he was way more skilled than anyone else in the early days of Firsthold but we had numbers at least to kill him occasionally. Pseudo-immortality really does change what we come to know as fun. Before killing was a necessity but ever since I awoke in this land… well it’s still a necessity at times but it’s mainly a sort of sport now. Only now do I truly see how morbid that is, but that’s neither here nor there. It’s simply the life I have come to know.

Taking a left, I see the gutted remains of what was the war room that was built so many times that we lost count. The days, weeks, months worth of war supplies that used to be down there. The ages it took to transport all of Valinor’s leftover potions into that room. I can’t help but shiver at the time I lost doing such a menial task. The people made it worth it.

I can’t help but laugh at the memory of fear that gripped my heart when I jokingly killed myself whilst transporting some artifacts from Valinor before it was declared no more by its final ruler. While the magics of Aladra would normally keep everything in my pack, it got replaced by war supplies from the dreamscape! Mind you, this was before I had really gotten to befriend Sparky and many I have come to think of as family. Priceless relics and maps, gone for good. Though I suppose that is why I am taking this stroll now when I should be assisting my fellow Lokans. Learning how to let go and let the others carry the torch and to “Go Forth!” as Cryptite loves to spout.

Looking up, I can’t help but give off a disappointed smile. My first true creation that gave me some sense of clout. My tavern, my business, The Drunken Fisherman, with design help from Iwasnotthere of course. Using my compass I phase through the walls to enter what would become my greatest creation. Ironic that the first location remains unfinished and will forever be that way. Gallons and gallons of the finest liquor the world has ever seen used to be brewed here, now all that brews here are the 'could-have-been's.

I must admit this stroll to my home is relatively uneventful emotionally. Though the sadness that threatens to grip my heart as I see faint scrapes along the stone from the towns-folk rushing with whatever weapons they could muster to defend Ascalon. We weren’t organized, we weren’t even that good in all honesty, but to me we were the best Loka had to offer. The greatest and most populous town that I have ever known at the very least. That was a long time ago.

Now the real reason why I’m here. My shack. My holy site. My religion. A pond built with my own hands, stone that was carved out by the townsfolk. Water taken from the true holy site of what was once called Prithia in Kalros. Just a small belief shared amongst friends, a small core group that became family. Together, we created the grandest religion, we overthrew the greatest of enemies, we built the grandest population of a town… we made so much.

The past tense of this pains me as I sit down on my chair near the water. I take out the last of the Firsthold brew of rum I ever made. Letting out a sigh as my past washes over me and the alcohol burns soothingly down my throat.

We’ve really come a long way.

Suddenly a hear, no I sense, a ping in the back of my head. My frustrated sigh would’ve echoed off the cave walls for weeks if I was in a material form as the weight of my responsibilities presses down on my shoulders.

Crypt has some new idea and somebody has to tell him why its stupid.

Knocking back the rest of my drink I prepare the teleportation back to spawn to have a meeting with the rest of the Guardians about the future of this land. I look around at the older, simpler times that I used to have. I sometimes wish I could become a nameless nobody again and enjoy the freedoms that that gives.

But that is no longer my life. I am a Guardian, and I have to go forth and make this a better world so the next generation can have their own good ol’ days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was very loosely written and not proof read at all as I just got home from work. Not really up to my personal standards for writing but wanted to get a story out there for everyone that may think they aren't important to Loka's story. Or maybe you just don't care at all but still, as soon as you send a message, break a block, join a town, warp to a fight, or just anything at all you are a part of this history. Relevance is a curse and a blessing. Enjoy the times you can spend where no one will pay any mind to you and you can be left to your own devices. Enjoy the sense of wonder as you first finish the intro course and are bombarded by way too many "Welcome to Loka!"s. If you end up putting a small amount of effort into this server as I have, you too will once look back on your first days as I am now.

And remember, you don't have to rush forth into tomorrow's adventures. Just go forth when you're ready, enjoy every ounce of fun you can milk from this server. Find your new family in this lego block game. I have made countless friends due to this server and it has legitimately helped me with a host of mental issues that I have been suffering with for years and has given my the push to really start getting my act together and start going forth in my real life. No this isn't a goodbye, I'm just having a bit of a nostalgia trip since my brother just got engaged and it has me feeling old.

If you feel like reminiscing about your good ol' days of Loka or your current good new days then feel free to talk about that here this isn't really gonna have any extensions or anything just a quick lil story as if I was actually walking around Firsthold in and all "ooooo Pear is doin an RP!!!!!!!" thingy.

But yeah thanks for reading hope this wasn't too trashy/sappy I'm gonna finally get some sleep. Oh and remember to go third!

Thanielle

Sentry
I have made countless friends due to this server and it has legitimately helped me with a host of mental issues that I have been suffering with for years
I relate to this a lot, when I joined Loka I was at the worst point of my depression and my chronic fatigue, I was lonely and Loka gave me something to do, people to talk to, the people I've met here and the countless friends/family I've made here can never be replaced, all the life lessons I've learned here and the people I look up to here, it really helped me get passed a ton of my issues, I even found the love of my life here, I can't thank Crypt enough or can't ever give back enough to the community of Loka for what they've done for me, not a goodbye aswell, but thank you all for the best years of my life. <3

Back