Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

The Southern Horns Series

Haldyir

Slicer
:loka: Southern Horns :loka:
Long ago, it was springtime in the mushroom isle, and Eldamar held by its Queen, Castalina, was leading the town with the advisement of her most trusted advisor at the time, Msittig. Trade was booming in this season, as imports were coming from the mighty kingdoms of Eldritch and Valentia who at the time owned Ascalon. The scene now begins with Castalina looking out of the window of her parents bedroom, which is now hers. She is overlooking the port as she is watching covenant ships unload spices and goods to her people. She also noticed a company of clavery coming in from a border patrol expidetion as the streets are filled with people. Her Royal Advisor Msittig entered the room from behind her and bowed. “My lady, the shipments from the capitol Eldritch and Valentia have come. However I do bring some bad news.” Msittig said as Castalina then turned around and walked toward a nightstand. She began to pour two glasses of wine as Msittig was awaiting for Castalina to say something. She turned towards him and handed him a glass of wine. “Well, out with it.” She says as she smiles and sips the wine as she continues to walk past him.

c8bf61133fc08f4ad013b18129865b01.jpg
cb9423b5b5f5a9b2e5c65a2c463759d7.jpg

He chuckles, “Your grace the farmers have received yet another unfruitful harvest. The lands on the isle are far too harsh for this sort of farming. May I suggest -“ Msittig was abruptly cut off when a high elven guard walked in the room with the sound of his armor clanking together. The guard bowed towards Castalina and said “Your grace, Lord RayWard request your presence at the front gate at once.” He bowed once more before the queen, and turned towards Msittig as he gave him a respectful nod before exiting the room. Castalina began to exit the room with a worried Msittig following her urgently. The halls of the castle were filled with nobles and maidens who all bowed at the queen as she began to walk past them towards the gate. While they were heading to the gates, Msittig was trying to finish his statement, “Your grace as I was saying, we need to think about looking elsewhere if we really wish on building a kingdom to last a very long time. The ground here is too harsh, and the farmers are talking about migrating north to more fertile lands. They spoke of heading towards the ancient forest of Astoria or even unholy lands Miracalis.” As Castalina was walking she stopped firmly and looked at Msittig, “You know how I feel about leaving this place. I grew up here, and my family ruled here for generations..before mother died she told me to keep the city running and to look after the people and-” , before Cast is able to finish her sentence, an insistent Msittig cut her off by continuing his statement, “Your grace I understand you are still mourning the death of Theadora but it has been 5 years now. However if you want to prosper even more then you would be wise to think on it. It’s what the people need. It’s what King Erin and Queen Theadora would want too. ” Castalina quickly glanced at Msittig with a mourning look, she lowered her head in thought and continued to walk towards the gate of the city where she was needed.

MV5BMGRkODIyZmYtNzRiNS00NTEwLTg5ZWEtMjUxZDgzMDUzYjYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQwODY1NTY@._V1_SY1000_CR...jpgOnce she arrived at the gate, Lord RayWard along with a crowd of commoners looked at her with an unsure look on their face. A ranger, with a cloak on got off of his horse as he walked up to the queen. Before he got too close, Rayward drew his sword in direction of ranger standing between Castalina and the ranger, “uncloak yourself now before the presence of the queen” Rayward says in a authoritative and loud voice. The ranger however did not comply, he instead pulled out his sword and was going to get on one knee. Before he could even get on his knee, archers from the gatehouse wall aimed their bows at him from the backside, two guards next to the queen aimed their Spears at the ranger and two summoners activated their wands standing infront of the queen. The ranger now cautious, slowly proceeded to get on his knee and bowed to the queen. She stood there fearless with her arms in front of her dress, she looked down at him and told him, “Rise. I’m afraid I wasn’t expecting company today.” . He rose and took off his cloak and revealed his face to the queen. “My name is Steve. I heard about an the elven queen ruling in the west, and heard she was ever so fair in her rule and beauty. I had to come see for myself.” Steve said in a relaxed tone as he put away his sword with a smirk on his face looking at the queen. Lord Msittig smirked and looked at the queen with his head bowed, she looked at Steve and smiled. Lord Rayward frowned, “Steve…why do I know that name, oh I know why. You are a spy! Sent from the covenant!” Rayward said as he spoke aloud in an incriminating and petty tone as the crowd gasped, “Of course this happens when our people finally have bright years ahead of us... the covenant must see us as a threat. My lady this man is known for causing trouble wherever he goes. I strongly advise you ask him to leave at once-“. Rayward is cut off by a laughing Steve, “Your grace if I may, this “lord” tells you lies. I am an honest man. Me and Rayward go way back, we’ve just had a sore past history together is all. Regardless of what he says, I wish to help you in whatever you need. You have my service.” Lord Rayward looked at him with a snarky look, he turned to the queen and bowed to her, he rose and walked up to Castalina and whispered in her ear “This man is trouble. Don’t say I did not warn you….”, Rayward took a step back and looked at Castalina in her eyes, he then turned and looked at Steve with an unfruitful look on his face before he walked away. Steve stood there with a nonchalant pose, with his hands on his belt buckle and tilting his head back attempting to hide his grin as he watched a flustered Rayward walk away back to is manor.

7a1e05e8f021cbe2b268d8f77e314957.jpgThe Queen turned her head as she watched Rayward and then looked back at Steve in thought, she smiles at Steve attempting to hide her smile from his charm, “Well you haven’t proven to me you are a threat. However you are dangerously charming. Welcome to Eldamar Steve. Guards please find this gentleman a home and some warm food. We shall speak in the morning.” She turned and walked away followed by her summoners, nobles and trusted advisor Msittig. Msittig looked at the queen and began to speak to her as they walked away back to the castle, “I saw that longing look you gave him. Stay focused my lady we have a lot of task we need to tend to. If he becomes a distraction, I’ll remove him from the city myself."

Attachments

• MV5BMGRkODIyZmYtNzRiNS00NTEwLTg5ZWEtMjUxZDgzMDUzYjYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQwODY1NTY@._V1_SY1000_CR...jpg
    MV5BMGRkODIyZmYtNzRiNS00NTEwLTg5ZWEtMjUxZDgzMDUzYjYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQwODY1NTY@._V1_SY1000_CR...jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 0
  • MV5BMGRkODIyZmYtNzRiNS00NTEwLTg5ZWEtMjUxZDgzMDUzYjYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQwODY1NTY@._V1_SY1000_CR...jpg
    MV5BMGRkODIyZmYtNzRiNS00NTEwLTg5ZWEtMjUxZDgzMDUzYjYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQwODY1NTY@._V1_SY1000_CR...jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 7a1e05e8f021cbe2b268d8f77e314957.jpg
    7a1e05e8f021cbe2b268d8f77e314957.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 0
  • 7a1e05e8f021cbe2b268d8f77e314957.jpg
    7a1e05e8f021cbe2b268d8f77e314957.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Haldyir

Slicer
:loka: Southern Horns Part 2 :loka:

On the mushroom isle rested a legendary floating kingdom off of the coast of the sea, just before entering the clay cliffs. This kingdom, signified the complete separation of the isle to the rest of Ascalon. The gateway to the west, Myrefall, was a powerful kingdom that had control of the mushroom isle all the way to the clay cliffs. The queen had sent a message to them to request more land on the tip of the isle. However, their response was something she had not prepared for. Within the week, armies of Myrefall soldiers were aligned upon the borders of Eldamar, led by King Gabrosen. The scene begins with the streets of Eldamar empty. The docks were empty and even the markets. The scene also has an ominous feel to it, as it showed soldiers running past the streets with their battle armor on towards the front of the evacuated town. As this was going on, there were people running inside their homes closing their doors and windows, and locking them so that they would be safe from harm. Eldamar elven archers manned the walls backed by heavy swords, Eldamar Sea Guards, and Summoners. Down by the main courtyard where the gate the city rest, it was heavily manned backed by heavy spears and bow Calvary that were in preparation for the enemy forces to break their gates.

Both armies were at a standstill, then all of a sudden a small detachment of Myrefall household Calvery backed by Gabrosen walked to gates of Eldamar. Gabrosen was in the middle of the detail, sitting on his horse with a big crown upon his head. The gates of Eldamar opened with Steve, and an eldamar sea guard to Castalinas left and Msittig and a summoner to her right. Lord Rayward manned the walls as he was in command of the queen’s soldiers. Castalina and her company met Gabrosen and his detail in the middle of the field. As they approached they see a dramatic and static Gabrosen, “Hello, friends. I heard your queen, Castalina has requested to speak with me.” Gabrosen says in a light voice. He sits back on his horse and looks at Castalina with a smile, “Indeed I have, but I was not expecting to be attacked as well” She replied in a calm, stubborn, and aggravated tone. Gabrosen lifted his left hand in a sign of peace, “Ah no need to worry, they are just here to secure my safety. Now I remember you sent a letter requesting more land?” He said. Castalina looked intently at Gabrosen, “Indeed your grace. Since you have so much land on the isle and the clay cliffs, would you mind leaving the top two territories of the isle to Eldamar? We have surely proven we wish no ill will upon you.” Gabrosen ponders in thought. “Actually, I do mind. It’s going to cost you.” He says in a conniving tone. “What are your terms?” Castalina asked. Gabrosen looked off into the distance and smiled, he looked at Castalina and told her “576 diamonds per territory.” Everyone scuffed as Castalina gasped and replied in a questioning and petty way, “That’s a full stack of diamond blocks. There is no way we can accumulate so much for a single territory. That offer is way too unreasonable.” He replied quickly saying “Too late, my mind is made up. Will that be all? ” As he smiles mischievously. Castalina looked at Gabrosen, and turned her horse back to Eldamar followed by the rest. As Gabrosens armies began to march back into their Homeland, the walls of Eldamar were still manned throughout the night as Castalina didn’t trust Gabrosen. The following morning, Castalina woke up in her bed and was told that she had a guest waiting for her in the courtyard of the castle. She walked down in her gown and saw Steve standing there, as he was looking around and fixing his hair waiting for Castalina to walk down the steps. She stopped for a moment until Steve noticed her and chuckled. “Who are you pampering yourself up for?” She says in a mocking and jokingly tone. “Only for the fairest of them all. May we take a stroll?” Steve replies in a charming and joking tone. She nodded gratefully and smiled. They began to walk down the stairs and they began to walk the castle gardens. Overlooking them was a concerned Msittig who then walked back into his quarters from his balcony.

Dinner time was arising and the queen had been through a day of hard work. She began to walk into the dining room to eat with her generals and other nobles. All of a sudden Msittig pulled her aside as servants entered the room to serve food. “My lady May I have a moment?” He asked in a quick tone. “Of course, if you’ll excuse me, gentlemen.” She says as the general's bow to her. “How was your breakfast this morning?” He asked in a petty and curious tone. She stutters and replies quickly. “Bre…breakfast was fine.” She looked around a moment and began to slowly walk away. Before she got too far Msittig told her “Stay on task, my lady. It’s not worth it right now”. Knowing that they both know how she feels for Steve, neither of them directly mentioned it. She turned shocked and nodded with a slight smile on her face and walked away quickly to the dining room. As Msittig was beginning to follow her, he saw Steve as he entered through the front door of the keep. Steve took off his hood which was attached to his cloak, he began to look around and nodded to Msittig who was eyeballing him from across the room with an evil eye. Steve walked into the dining room as two eldamar sea guards opened the door followed by Msittig. As they entered the dining room Castalina had reserved a seat for Steve to sit next to her. As everyone began to eat and small chatter began, Rayward who was sitting at the opposite edge of the table, looked at Msittig and then looked at Steve with a look of distaste upon his face as he didn’t even touch his food. Steve grinned and chuckled and continued to eat his food.

After dinner, Castalina bid everyone a good night and walked to her room. In her nightgown, before she went to bed, she pondered at the stars in thought from her balcony. Then suddenly, she saw Steve in the courtyard as he had appeared to be rehearsing something to himself. She snuck outside into the courtyard with her gown on and looked at him from behind a pillar. He was pacing back and forth rehearsing lines on how to ask Castalina to marry him. She walked into the courtyard with the night sky lighting it. Startled he says “My... my lady. I was not expecting you to be out this late. How much…. did you….hear?” She replied in a strict tone “I heard enough.” Steve didn’t know how to reply as he was going to put the ring in his pocket. Castalina looked up and smiled, and said: “Because my answer is yes.”. A grin as wide as he could fix rose on Steves face, he ran up to her and began to give her a massive hug her lifting her off her feet and spinning her around as they laughed. He then bowed to her and said “I bid you a good evening my lady. How should I leave the castle? I take it the gates are well guarded?” She laughed and replied, “I’ll bring you through an entrance I used to use as a little girl.” They both ran out of the courtyard laughing. However, upon the balcony of the courtyard stood Msittig who stared longingly into the night sky with a worried look on his face.

Haldyir

Slicer
:loka: Southern Horns Part 3 :loka:

5 months Later....................

It was a beautiful morning in the mushroom Isle, farmers were tending to their flocks and merchants just got a new shipment of supplies from Valentia. Word had spread across f620b0a029ee6b154d2ad1305932abc5.jpgthe three continents of King Skuhoos victory in northern Ascalon against potential invaders from the united lands of Garama, The Garaman Confederation. The Queen, Castalina would get frequent diplomacy letters from Dong Dank to potentially be allies, but she never responded to their calls. With the recent fall of Arvik just some years prior, Kalros had just fallen under the new management of Iblis. Immigrants took boats to Eldamar fleeing the failing war on Kalros. Talks of uprisings were afloat in Kalros, and would be led by a young Stromgardian boy named Archersquid. His people were against the Iblis rule on Kalros.

The morning of the Valentian shipment, more boats from Kalros had been pouring into the Eldamar harbor. In the royal castle, Castalina was getting dressed and putting her crown on her head, she peered out of her window which oversaw the port. She saw a group of elves disembark from it and knew that they were not from around the western parts of Ascalon. Curious enough, she made her way to the docks and met the fellow travelers. With her personal guard of two behind her, she graciously walked up to the travelers as people began to bow. She stopped behind a young elf named Zrxes as he was too preoccupied to see that the queen was behind him, “Don’t drop the bread in the water again, that’s all we have!” says Zrxes in a careful tone. He notices his people stop and bow in his direction,” there's someone behind me isn’t there...?” he said with a straight face and turned around. Zrxes looked at Castalina and his face lit up like a light bulb, "are you Castalina, proclaimed queen of the elves?" Zrxes ask in a humble tone while slightly bowing. Castalina chuckles and looks up, "Yes. I am Castalina, I take it you heard my call when I summoned all lost elves on Loka back to Eldamar. I heard there were patches of my people still around the three continents." she said in an interested tone. Zrxes walks a step closer to Castalina to get on one knee, but before he could two of Castalinas guards stepped forward and pulled out two wands and their eyes began to glow a blue firey color. Castalina told them to stand down as they then stepped back behind and put their wands away. Zrxes looked amazed, "forgive me my queen, I meant no disrespect. I am Zrxes and the people behind me are my company of elves I gathered when traveling through Kalros. I found them in a historic old city named Auru. When we heard that an elf queen had risen to power in Ascalon we took the first boat to Aladra and then sailed to Ascalon to find you. I pledge my services to you, now and always." Zrxes says while on one knee with his head down. Castalina looked down and smiled at Zrxes, "Rise, young one. Your services are accepted. May you and your company be invited to the castle tonight for dinner as a new welcome to the kingdom." Castalina says as she began to turn and walked away back to Castle.

21341496a94465a801fb62674bbad9fa.jpgLater that day in the meeting hall in Castle Eldamar, Msittig, Rayward, Steve, and other lords were talking about new Ascalonian tax policies placed by the capitol, Eldritch. Steve smiled at Castalina and winked at her as he sat across from her at the table in the hall. Castalina smiled and proceeded to listen to the lords as she tried to remain undistracted. A fed-up Msittig interrupted and called out Steve in front of the other lords, "My apologies, but why are you here? You arent a lord and you definitely aren't providing anything useful to this conversation, except for staring at her majesty and keeping her distracted." Rayward began to smirk and chimed in a petty tone, "I tried to warn him he shouldn't have come in here." Steve looked at Castalina shocked, "Cast..you didn't tell them? Did you?" Rayward and Misttig and the other lords looked at Castalina in a dramatic tone and waited for her to respond to what steve was talking about. She looked up as if she didn't know what he was talking about, she then gave up and decided to inform everyone of some shocking news. "Steve and I..............ahem. Are engaged...". A flabbergasted Misttig nearly passes out and runs to go get a drink of wine from the counter behind the meeting table. Rayward proceeded to put his hands on his head as his head fell deeper into the table out of disbelief. Steve put his feet on the table and smiled, "Oh boys come on, I would've expected you to be happier about this. Your future king needs your loyalty as well." Misttig storms out of the room taking another glass of wine with him, the other lords joined Misttig. Rayward looked at Castalina before he left the room in a sassy and petty tone, "Did he tell you he serves Covenant? He would never be loyal to you. Mark my words." Steve looked shocked and upset with his hands out in the air "Well what was that?", Castalina walks and pours herself a cup of wine, and pours steve one too. She walks over to him and proceeds to sit down looking bothered. "Steve... with everything going on right now, maybe this isn't the best time. We should take this slow, I know I should have said something 5 months ago but something always keeps happening." Steve stood up and fixed his cloak, frustrated and done. "I will not be here forever Castalina. I knew this wouldn't have worked as I hoped it would. I need to go back to Eldritch-" Castalina looks up quickly and flustered, "Eld..Eldritch?? You said you were a ranger, Rayward was right. You're with the covenant aren't you...? Sent here to spy on me. I should have you imprisoned....guards!", two guards entered the room. Steve stopped and adjusted his sword belt and had a look of concern on his face, "Now Cast... I never meant to do that. I truly do care for you, but our paths were never meant to be. Clearly....I am sorry I lied to you. May our paths cross again in another time," Steve says as he slowly walked out of the door to go fetch his horse to Eldritch. Castalina cried and put her face on the table as she called out her mother's name for help. "Mother.....if you can hear me. Give me the strength to move forward, and give me guidance...", Misttig loomed close to the door and walked in slowly to a crying Castalina. He puts his hand on her back and told her, " It was for the better good, your grace..."

All of a sudden, a messenger barges into the room in a hurry, "Your majesty, a covenant noble named Zor... is in the courtyard waiting for you. He says he has a proposition for you....". Castalina and Misttig looked at each other shocked and confused.

------
Part 4 will be the finale. Couldn't fit it all in just this one. :)

Haldyir

Slicer
ahah. Don’t worry. According to history we became allies hehe, just setting up some of the story so I can build off of it later in another series

Haldyir

Slicer
:loka: Southern Horns Finale :loka:

"What do you know of this man?" Castalina says as she walked quickly to the courtyard with her advisors. Misttig followed closely behind her, as they sped past the dining room which overlooked the hall leading to the front of the castle. At the time, Zrxes was with his crew and company eating a feast of food granted to them by the queen, "Now what's going on down there...." Zrxes said as he overlooked the queen and her court rushing outside. Zrxes got up off his chair and ordered his crew to stay where they were as he went to go join the Queen outside in an unusual situation. The 1617ec9850d01b97ed8a5f40b016ec9f.jpgdoors of the castle opened and out came the household guards protecting the queen, then came Misttig who then stood right next to the door. Zor got on one knee and bowed as Misttig announced the queen's entrance to the courtyard, "You all stand in the presence of Castalina, first of her name, queen of Eldamar and lady of the mushroom isle." Misttig says in a powerful voice. Castalina walked out the doors and stood atop the steps as she looked down to Zor "forgive me for the intrusion my lady" Zor says as he gets on one knee. He looked up and took off his hooded cloak and said, "I am Zor, a high Eldar from Covenant. I see you and your people are the last lonely house with power on the mushroom isle, now that our neighbor, Myrefall has fallen. Such a terrible occurrence that was, however, this is the balance of life. Things live and things die, however, what we can do is to go by the laws set forth by nature." Zor stopped for a minute and looked around as the courtyard remained silent. A nice breeze flowed through the castle grounds from the western Ascalonian sea as the brushes from the trees could be heard in the peaceful setting. He continued, "However I have come here today, my lady, to give you an offer. You see, with land in the west now open for new expansion and pioneering is making me leave the Covenant to create my own settlement in the clay cliffs resting on the mainland, just before you enter the western isle. This strategic point would allow for my settlement to have ample trade from the covenant, as well as serving as a vital access point on Ascalon to control the western region of the continent. I would like you, and your people to join me in this new settlement, named Ouroboros.", the crowd gasped, Zor continued, "Now I know you all must think I am crazy, but I would like to offer the queen joint leadership, to rule her elves in this city, while I lead my people. Together, we will rule the west, and together we will restore order to this region.", he stopped as he looked at the crowd in shock. He looked up to the queen who didn't share any expression on her face and barely blinked. Pondering in thought, she said, "That's quite the offer my lord, and why would we leave our lands....to join you in the north?!", the crowd around the queen gave a rowdy chant as they agreed with the queen. She continued, "For the first time, our people have been granted a blessing, from Freyija. This seems like the intervention of Preksak and his doing. May our people remain ever faithful of who kept us safe for so long.... and who allowed for us to have this opportunity to claim the isle for ourselves!", the crowd joined the queen in a rowdy cheer.

a9cc3e80a55aef7f7036e858bc696e55.jpgZor's head dropped in defeat and fixed his cloak on his shoulder. He looked up at the queen, bowed, and turned away. As he walked away he was stopped by Lord Rayward who shouted, "I....I'll go with you my lord.", the crowd stopped as they turned to Rayward in shock, he looked to Castalina and took a couple of steps forward so she could see him better on the staircase, "My lady...I know you feel that Freyjia has given us an opportunity, but have you not looked at the potential opportunity for us to claim the entire west? Maybe this is a sign, from the lady of light herself.... we shouldn't turn away from this. I Lord Rayward, believe in legends of old, and I believe this is a sign from Freyjia herself.......that this...this is our time! As elves! As people! May the goddess herself, give us the power, granted by the might of our Lokan guardians, to claim the west!", chanted Rayward as the people joined him in celebration of his inspirational words. Everyone looked at the queen as the courtyard grew quiet, Castalina nodded with a smile on her face, "Very well. May the great voyage, begin...!!", shouted the queen over the cheering voices of her people. Zrxes looked in shock and smiled as well, knowing that the great journey for the elves had just begun.

87eabb54594157f6618fcf3ce624e243.jpg5 months later the elves and Zor arrived in Ouroboros, in the clay cliffs of Ascalon. Zor, in agreement with the covenant, owned the town in order to sustain its influence and security in the western region of the continent. The events leading after this would lead into the golden era of the elven people and would introduce prominent people today, such as Speciallama, Sparky, DFG, Jibblypop and etc.

Coming into the next series will discuss the fall of the name Ouroboros, and the rise of Valinor and elven influence across the region.

Last edited:
Back