Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion TNT CANNON SURVEY: For it, Against it, or In between.

Kobeyador

Slicer
Thanks for visiting this thread. I recently had a debate with Psy about tnt cannons and his poll that he presented us with in the past. I am not in favor of this poll, however, I will leave it as is and attempt a different approach to get a sample of players opinions on the topic of bringing back tnt cannons. Please leave a post below stating a few piece of info. I will have a summery of the info that I need below. All info acquired will be submitted to the admins and asked for there consideration on the matter. Thank you for your time.

Please State the following:

1) Are you for or against tnt cannons being unbanned on this server
(For)(Against)(Undecided)

2) How many rules do you believe should be applied to tnt cannons compared to before they were banned.
(No rules)
(Fewer Rules then before they were banned)
(Same Rules then before they were banned)
(More Rules then before they were banned)
(Undecided)

3) *Edited*If your conditions for #2 is not the majority choice, would you be for or against cannons that would have a different amount of rules then what you believe it should have.
(For)(Against)(Undecided)

4) Optional: Additional comments and suggestions on the matter.

Last edited:

Kobeyador

Slicer
1) FOR
2) More Rules then before they were banned
3)Against
4) I believe any rules for tnt cannons and destructive entry mechanisms is something that the community should be involved with. Because it is the comminity that will have to deal with the restrictions or the lack of these restrictions on these topics in the future.

Leasaur

Slicer
1) For
2) More rules than before they were banned
3) Undecided (What sort of a question is that..?)

4) Since a lot of people are adopting new methods to defend their towns and valuables, I don't really think adding cannons back in will make that much of a difference.

hyhu

Slicer
1)Undecided
2)Undecided
3)Against
4)I'm undecided instead of against because I can adapt my already built dome to protect against tnt, so it's completely biased and unfair to new players.

Kobeyador

Slicer
3) Undecided (What sort of a question is that..?)
Question 3 allows a player to state if they would still want cannons if there question 2 choice was not the majority picked.
For example if i was to choose "more rules then before the ban" for question 2 i can state with question 3 that i would not want tnt cannons enabled if "No rules" was picked in majority.

I wanted to add the option in for people who wanted cannons under specific conditions, and if the conditions were not meet then they would rather have no cannons allowed.
*edit* ya i totally worded that weird... I reworded it. Let me know if it is clearer now.

Last edited:

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I think you guys should come up with and agree on what the restrictions would be before polling people. Some people might be for or against cannons if they knew what the rules would be. This vagueness surrounding possible cannon restrictions doesn't help people really decide on things.

My 2c anyway.

Kobeyador

Slicer
I think you guys should come up with and agree on what the restrictions would be before polling people. Some people might be for or against cannons if they knew what the rules would be. This vagueness surrounding possible cannon restrictions doesn't help people really decide on things.

My 2c anyway.
This was attempted before but received criticisms and opposition due to some people wanting to rely on old, vague, and anonymous data.The oposition that i was meet with was also conserned about admin power stating" We don't have the admin power to be this specific on our cannon rules. Doing stuff like this makes it seem necessary to review every raid, or at the very least most of them."
I am trying to establish a data sample from people on how they believe the rules should evolve around tnt cannon regulations if they were unbanned. Using the old rules as a guide line and asking if people believed the old rules were to strict or not strict enough on cannon usage, we can then start increasing or decreasing the regulations accordingly.

Unfortuanly any new comers would not know the guidelines of the old tnt cannons rules. Would someone be able to post the rules from when tnt were allowed. I believe I had to take a hiatus due to computer troubles before tnt cannons were banned and i do not know if any other rules were added after my hiatus.

Old rules that i remember.
Tnt could only be used for entry
tnt entry must be kept as minimal as possible
Tnt cannon entry also had to follow the rules on griefing in the rule list
########################################################
1. No Griefing
1.1. Don't destroy anything a player has built unless a rule states otherwise.
1.2. You may break a players building to gain entry, providing minimum damage is caused.
1.3. Don't cause unnecessary damage to the landscape.
1.4. Don't destroy other players items. You may steal but don't destroy chests and leave items to disappear or burn the items. Once the items are back at your home they are yours and you can do as you wish with them.
1.5. Don't destroy another players redstone.
1.6. Don't destroy another players rails.
1.7. No one by one block towers unless you remove them immediately after use.
1.8. Don't destroy other players crops or farmland, except for wheat which can be trampled for the wheat.
1.9. Don't kill or release other players animals or villagers.
###############################################################

Pls let me now if i am missing any other rules that previously existed and I will edit them into this list for people to have a understanding of the old rules

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Perhaps come up with restrictions that don't have to do with number of shots/cannons/attempts, etc and go from there. Admins will of course step in if somebody's being raided too often, but rules with exact numbers on those aren't going to be well received by anyone.

Kobeyador

Slicer
I will removed the numbers from the second draft but what do you thing about to many shots in one location for entry and using tnt cannons to tunnle into towns underlining cave systems,basements, and mine shafts? should that be a concern in the rules during the rough draft stage?

Jedoi

Slicer
1. For
2. Same rules as when they were banned.
3. Depends on what the majority choice is.. Undecided
4. No comment

hyhu

Slicer
I can't think of any ideal restrictions that are for cannons, but here are some faulty ideas that came to mind.

*A set amount of time that new towns have before people can TNT cannon them. Should be enough time that new players can get their town started w/o worry about being TNT'd, and to build protection against it. How much time that will take, I don't know, open to suggestions. I'm not saying that they should be refrained from being raided if found, just saying they should have a safety period before being TNT'd.

*If the town participates in territories, all surrounding territories must be claimed/overtaken by the raiders before TNT cannoning can commence.

Bad ideas, but hey, if there is something you want to add to them or they make you think of something else, great.

Last edited:

Kobeyador

Slicer
How about we make a "United Towns of the Loka"(name can be addressed later) where we make the rules and code of conduct for issues like these. If someone raids someone before they seem powerful enough to retaliate or defenced themselves that the members of "UTL" will step in.

Psychedelic98

Slicer
How about we make a "United Towns of the Loka"(name can be addressed later) where we make the rules and code of conduct for issues like these. If someone raids someone before they seem powerful enough to retaliate or defenced themselves that the members of "UTL" will step in.
I'd always loved the idea of player made and enforced rules, but I doubt Crypt would ever make people vulnerable enough for player enforced rules to have any consequence.

hyhu

Slicer
If someone raids someone before they seem powerful enough to retaliate or defenced themselves that the members of "UTL" will step in.
And do what? I imagine any repercussion dealt by the members of the "UTL" would be ineffective.

Artagan

Slicer
I'd always loved the idea of player made and enforced rules

c29.gif

If you want my personal opinion, I think we ought to wait for territories and the subsequent flood of new players before we bring back cannons or pearls or whatever. By then we might have at least a handful of active, established towns to make things interesting.

Back