Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Town Security: Search Player Ability

Yay or Nay on player search ability?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, if implemented differently

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ajaxan

Slicer
I like the idea of having people be able to visit other players towns but often this doesn't happen as many players, especially the newer ones (myself included) don't trust others. So to combat this I thought of what a real world town would do to try and provide security. They'd search people!

The idea is pretty simple. Look at a player, /search, then the player being search agrees with /accept or /search accept, and boom. the player preforming the search can now see the other players inventory. They can't mess with it or anything just view it.

And that would be it! Nothing fancy like being able to confiscate or the like. It's just a way for players to view each others inventories to make sure there is no funny business going on.

What does everyone think? It would be an interesting feature that I could imagine would allow players to visit others more and still feel comfortable. It's also pretty straight forward to create and I would be happy to write the plugin myself if the idea gets approval.

Also, what other ideas do y'all have about increasing town security? In general, I'm pretty satisfied with the way things work currently. Securing a town completely requires players to stay vigilant and think up some creative ideas. I just finished building a 7 block tall wall around the entire town. Man that took awhile!

Last edited:

Strongeee

Slicer
I think maybe have it connected to the tpa command. So accepting a tpa also allows the player to view the persons inventory, then confirming being ready for them to be TPed :)

Ajaxan

Slicer
Good idea! So instead of using /tpa youd have something like /tpa search and /search. Theyd both function they same except after the /tpa search they would teleport to you.

Lazuli73

Slicer
Defiantly yes. I would love to have people visit my town regardless of affiliation on the server. My biggest rule is no weapons, and this would allow me to enforce said rule.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Be a nice way to inspect players' custom items too without having to literally drop it on the ground so they could see an item.

Wolfegger

Slicer
I like this idea. It would be nice to have it separate from the tp command, so that one could search a visitor before letting him or her use the town portal (so as to make sure he/she stole nothing).

Ajaxan

Slicer
I didn't even think of the application for making sure people don't steal things but I love that idea. Sometimes I suspect it may be the case, but its not really possible to know unless you kill them which normally doesn't go over well! XD

Back