Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Added ViaFabric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mocc1

Guardian
Name: Viafabric
Link: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/viafabric
Description: Lets you connect from your current version to any versions down
Reason: From a builders standpoint, this is really helpful because build server is currently 1.19.2 while Loka is 1.18.2. From a normal players standpoint, its super helpful because you will never have to worry about switching versions/mod folders to hop on different servers that require diff versions.

MrSuperb

It can cause anticheat false positives.
Oh yeah I figured, are you sure there's no way that could be made to stop happening? I've seen other servers which limit which versions people can connect with using ViaFabric, for example Loka could only allow people to connect using ViaFabric with versions 1.18.X and above, to prevent people logging on with 1.12.X versions or even 1.8.9 (which would require Legacy Fabric Api which causes a bunch of problems anyways).

MrSuperb

Actually I have a solution to make it so 1.18.x ViaForge peeps can log on and not any earlier to prevent false anti-cheat banning/kicking. ViaFabric is actually unplayable with versions lower than 1.18.x if your trying to connect to a higher server because of the world height change (this is assuming Loka has the new height limit), so it would inadvertently stop them from using it. It would also address the problem of undetectable cheat software like Vape being used because Vape is only supported for 1.12.x I believe and ViaFabric would not work because of the height limit when trying to connect with it.

P.S specify in the allowed mods forum post that your only allowed to use it for 1.18.x and up if it's actually added!

Screenshot from their disc:

Attachments

• Screenshot (366).png
    Screenshot (366).png
    44.1 KB · Views: 11

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
I mean, I like the idea, but normally Loka updates to the latest version as quick as it can in a safe manner. But I don't really see a reason for it, you'll be able to wait a couple months or in some cases, years, Gough cough 1.13.2 to 1.15.2.

Use that extra time to grind for the resources, or improve upon your design. Or build in the same version and get it done there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back