Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

jail unban appeal - discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
I AM LITERALLY BLACK WHY WOULD I BE RACIST TO MYSELF
I'm not going to comment on anything else but this as I don't have any context on anything and frankly don't care enough to research on something I can't help with dealing. This is just a post on information used on the Sentry end of the server and why, atleast I think, we keep up such standards regarding the use of words and a persons race.

To put it in a very simple terms, skin color doesn't play a factor into any warns/mutes/bans. It's too difficult to find out who's what and what's who, so it is assumed that whenever a slur is used, that it is used with some sort of intent, whether positive or negative, we aren't sure. So all slurs and what not are outlawed regardless of who actually said it and with what intent.

Even if you tell us beforehand, we don't keep notes on a persons qualities, because frankly, that would be a nightmare to control, and be a form of data collection that I personally wouldn't support. We have to assume everyone is an anonymous user to keep the server clean.

Sentries already have a lot on their plate, and with the server continuously growing, more responsibilities as well. I can name atleast one responsibility Sentries weren't responsible for when I first joined the force, and if I continued to think, maybe more. So adding data collection would make things more complicated and not very easy for something that will gain little reward.

Not to mention Loka is Family Friendly, and slurs typically aren't.

Offlined

+1 he didn't even play, just joined the discord

but tbh jail if they keep u banned they clearly dont want u to play cuz not every leadership got banned, and the leaders who didnt get banned were still playing actively in conquest
joining a discord must be their most outrageous permban yet

Tedzi_

+1 they said he said slurs in the discord yet there is no proof of this yet? i think if staff provide proof of jail using slurs he should stay banned however he is adamant that he did not say anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back