Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Fixed Zombies despawn when they have stolen armour on them

ACwavelength

Slicer
Once upon a time, a curious ACwavelength was strolling through the deep dark tunnels of a long dead town, when he came across a giant chute going upwards into the darkness. Ignoring the literal double chests full of rotten flesh next to the chute, he blocked upwards into the darkness. ACwavelength reached a bottleneck in the tunnel, he must have been near the top. Seconds later, armies of groaning zombies and skeletons and the odd creeper explosion began piling themselves into the chute, quickly knocking him down to half a heart. He made a futile attempt to break the blocks beneath him before him, before two skeletons brought him to his death.

What I didn't know at the time was that I was that he had found an old mob farm, hence the flesh, the undead and the chute. When came back to get my stuff, I didn't find any of my armour, or my elytra. Neither did I find the many zombies and skeletons that had killed me. Everything else I knew I had was still there though, leading me to believe that the mobs that stole and wore my armour despawned. Not exactly a bug, but I should have been able to come back, slaughter the mobs and take my stuff back. I'm sure it's possible to prevent zombies with amour from despawning, even for a limited time.

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
Vanilla behavior is that mobs with picked-up equipment do not despawn but I assume Crypt has some aggressive despawning code in place for lag reasons. It's probably fine to just not despawn these mobs but for a guaranteed lag-free solution Crypt could just drop whatever gear a mob has picked up onto the ground before despawning the mob.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
They are, but there are still many many many throughout Loka, mostly many old ones from before the rule was put into place.

ACwavelength

Slicer
We probably won't suffer too badly by keeping the mob from aggressively despawning, plus it's more fun to try to fight yourself in zombo-mode, so I'll look into preventing player-gear-wearing-zomboids from despawning.
Can you spawn in a zombie with my stuff on it then? I really want my elytra back...

Back