Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

No Plans to Implement Asian Proxy

Asynchronized

Slicer
As staff won't accept the use of VPNs as it makes the game of whack-a-mole one hell of a lot harder, and that's completely understandable since Loka's anti-alt system is really good, and adding VPNs would make it practically useless. I propose the idea of an Asian proxy to meet in the middle and not leave the massive Asian player-base out in the cold.

Obviously ping can't be fixed entirely, its the nature of electrical and light signals moving thousands of kilometres across the globe, delay will stay around the same or potentially a bit worse. We once had an EU proxy for similar issues, it worked. Although it was temporary and misused to make players laggier in some cases, and its completely understandable that the same could happen here, but it would most likely be completely impractical for one to do so, and with the incredibly strong anti-alt system already in place, moderation of the proxy has the potential to be a lot simpler.

I think it's worth a try for something that's a genuine issue for a large part of the player-base, to at least try make their connections stable and playable. (definition of playable being still with lag, but not having issues like the "softban") (Looking at the "softban" issue, it looks like packets aren't getting from the server to the player, and not the other way around.)

Last edited:

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
We once had an EU proxy for similar issues, it worked
It did not. It simply changes the potential route before it even gets to the US (where sometimes the problems lie) and adds near-guaranteed increased latency to anyone who joins with it. These things can simultaneously help a small minority but also hurt at the same time and this proxy is almost guaranteed not to help.

As I have stated many times before, the only thing that can help is for players to send me traceroutes that I can forward along to our host. Outside of one thing they can try from time to time, there is nothing we can do.

Asynchronized

Slicer
It did not. It simply changes the potential route before it even gets to the US (where sometimes the problems lie) and adds near-guaranteed increased latency to anyone who joins with it. These things can simultaneously help a small minority but also hurt at the same time and this proxy is almost guaranteed not to help.

As I have stated many times before, the only thing that can help is for players to send me traceroutes that I can forward along to our host. Outside of one thing they can try from time to time, there is nothing we can do.
worth a try, its not the getting to the US thats the issue here, it's the US getting to Asia.

d8no

+1 some lokans getting stress from lag moves and long arms. lagger and low pings both can be more good loka life

Back