Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion ๐™‹๐™ง๐™ค๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™‚๐™ง๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™๐™จ, ๐™‘๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™š๐™ฎ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐˜ผ๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™›๐™–๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™จ, ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐˜ฟ๐™ค๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™‘๐™–๐™ก๐™š ๐™™๐™š๐™จ๐™š๐™ง๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ข๐™ค๐™ง๐™š ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š! โค๏ธ

Barend110

Hello Loka community

Recently I started playing some of the PvP mini-games with my friends, and we had an absolute blast! But I couldn't help but feel that some of the game modes are a bit outdated which is a real shame. I know the dev team is always very busy with new features bug fixes balance changes and it's tough to allocate resources to these older game modes. Still, I wanted to share some thoughts and suggestions.

Proving Grounds

Proving Grounds is an awesome way to train your PvP skills, but it has a few issues that could be easily fixed. One thing that really stands out is that your kit doesn't reset after making a kill. This seems to be a major problem for many players. Other Minecraft practice servers, like MC PvP Club and CAT PvP, have capitalized on this missed opportunity by offering a better experiences. It's a real shame because Proving Grounds could be so much better with just a few tweaks and get all of those players for LOKA.

Valley of the Artifacts
Valley of the Artifacts is probably the most fun game mode out of all of them. I wish we could play this mode with a normal Conquest loadout (Speed II potion, pearls, etc.) Maybe as a new gamemode. The map also feels a bit outdated. I'd be happy to offer my services for free to create a new map, but I understand if if the staff wants to keep the nostalgic vibe of the old one. There are also some balance changes that really need to happen to make this game mode more playable I will discuss them below.

Dominion Vale
Here are a few suggestions for Dominion Vale:

• Buff bandages so they heal more and faster.
  • Make capping faster in both Valley of the Artifacts and Dominion (if we don't get a Conquest loadout game mode).
  • Provide tools by default so players don't have to rely on luck to find them.
  • Use Instant Health II instead of Instant Health I.
  • NERF the axe since it does a lot of damage compared to the sword it should not be used for pvp.
  • Add more items that provide healing.
  • Remove the power 2 talent for bows it does 5 hearts a shot.

I hope this threat will spark some interest in these game modes. I really like them and I feel like there is so much potential, so many new memories to be made!! My discord name is .Barend if anyone of the staff would want to contact me about the maps

1722134380022.png

berdb

Slicer
yes plz bro plz i was playing these gamemodes today with barend and these would be good changes

PartayArc

Sentry
+1 love these gamemodes I also am using this opportunity to bump my previous suggestion of a leaderboard like ranked has but for these fun gamemodes (vota/dominion vale)
Then the fourth spawn building could be used again! It had some older leaderboards inside, but nowadays its no longer used.

Attachments

• 2024-07-28_04.37.47.png
    2024-07-28_04.37.47.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 14

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
Part of me almost wonders if some of the ideas from these gamemodes should be transposed into Conquest or an entirely new system on the survival server itself. Could be really fun to have another type of play on top of Conquest/Zyre Ganks.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
There are lots of decent suggestions here. As you put in the post, the reason these modes are a little dated now and in need of TLC is due to where we have been devoting development time. We are big fans of these modes and know there are sections of the player base who are too. We would happily look into using player-made maps if they were of good quality (worth noting the original VOTA map is delicately balanced in terms of the distance between bases and capture points). Some balance changes should also be doable.

• Make capping faster in both Valley of the Artifacts and Dominion (if we don't get a Conquest loadout game mode).
Capping increases in speed as more players stand on the objective. At higher player counts this goes incredibly quickly. Perhaps the cap time should scale based on the number of players in a match.

• Provide tools by default so players don't have to rely on luck to find them.
Finding tools that gather double resources is an integral part of the design of the game mode, as it forces players to strategize differently depending on which tools they obtain. Players should be able to gather all resources at base rates from the start though.

Back