Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

1v1 Pot-PvP Bracket open for Testing

Scratchoz

I agree with X_Cavator on the sharp 5. Would it also be possible for setting up a custom inventory set? Like so I start with specific in each slot so I don't have to do a bunch of shuffling before the match...Or maybe have it so we start with 1 Strength, speed, and fire resist with the rest being health to begin with to cut back on starting game prep.

MasterAegon

Slicer
You can edit your kit in the hub. As far as custom inventories there will be different bracket types and the ability to change which pots you have before matches.

Scratchoz

I'm late to the party to begin with...Looks like Sharp 5 is already a thing. I guess my only other suggestion which might be a thing would have 1v1 arenas give a little more prowess and or other rewards to encourage people to get on and compete on that day.

MasterAegon

Slicer
Indeed. The biggest issue is there are not enough people to participate and provide variety or a larger range in skill. Most are not on a high level of Minecraft PvP and don't want to play knowing they'll lose.

Wolfegger

Slicer
Maybe we should (voluntarily) tell/remind new players that prowess is an easy way to earn diamond gear--even if you are losing (don't ask me how I know, ha). I will make a point of doing this more often.

MasterAegon

Slicer
Absolutely! I know there are several ways tidbits like that are given to remind people. Pop-up tips/reminders are the primary but we definitely need to look into more ways to really put focus on those. The floating holo-tips were big way to bring attention the first time people join but recurring things would be a great idea.

X_Cavator

Slicer
Hey I was using the arena yesterday with one of my friends and we noticed a lot of other differences with this arena and kohi. For one, the armor in the arena automatically repairs itself every few seconds. Not exactly sure why this is a thing, Loka is the only server I am aware of that does not allow armor to break in the vanilla gamemode of pvp. Another thing is the hit detection. It seems like I can't hit people from as far away as I can on other servers. Usually for my strafe I like to keep people as far away as I can at the start and then I move to the side of them. In the Loka arena it feels like the initial hit that starts the combo does not register. Another thing is the burst damage. On Kohi if you get a 5-6 crits on someone and they don't throw a pot they will die. In the arena yesterday I was critting him in the corner and he was not dying even though he was not potting. Could be the regen but I don't know, I feel like I take less damage as well. It does not feel like vanilla. Drinking pots also has a few bugs with it. You cannot drink a speed or a strength pot while another one is active. This completely ruins the strategy of potting up early and then rushing your opponent while they try and drink. You also cannot drink a potion while being hit by someone, for whatever reason it resets the drink affect every time someone hits you. Basically unless these changes are fixed this arena is relatively unplayable for people like me. xD

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Hey I was using the arena yesterday with one of my friends and we noticed a lot of other differences with this arena and kohi. For one, the armor in the arena automatically repairs itself every few seconds. Not exactly sure why this is a thing, Loka is the only server I am aware of that does not allow armor to break in the vanilla gamemode of pvp. Another thing is the hit detection. It seems like I can't hit people from as far away as I can on other servers. Usually for my strafe I like to keep people as far away as I can at the start and then I move to the side of them. In the Loka arena it feels like the initial hit that starts the combo does not register. Another thing is the burst damage. On Kohi if you get a 5-6 crits on someone and they don't throw a pot they will die. In the arena yesterday I was critting him in the corner and he was not dying even though he was not potting. Could be the regen but I don't know, I feel like I take less damage as well. It does not feel like vanilla. Drinking pots also has a few bugs with it. You cannot drink a speed or a strength pot while another one is active. This completely ruins the strategy of potting up early and then rushing your opponent while they try and drink. You also cannot drink a potion while being hit by someone, for whatever reason it resets the drink affect every time someone hits you. Basically unless these changes are fixed this arena is relatively unplayable for people like me. xD

Two possible reasons for this stuff. One, we may've turned NoCheatPlus back on by accident to test some things.

Secondly, doesn't Kohi still run 1.7.10? Loka and all it's pvp servers are 1.8.

EastBowmen

Slicer
Two possible reasons for this stuff. One, we may've turned NoCheatPlus back on by accident to test some things.

Secondly, doesn't Kohi still run 1.7.10? Loka and all it's pvp servers are 1.8.

Kohi is compatible with both 1.8 and 1.7 users. Practice 1.0 is 1.7 only and 2.0 is 1.7 and 1.8

X_Cavator

Slicer
If it's compatible with both users, it's running Minecraft 1.7 with a protocol hack that lets 1.8 players in, but runs 1.7.10.

This does not really address many of what I said except maybe the hit detection. The repairing armor and potion drinking glitches are still on Loka's end.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
This does not really address many of what I said except maybe the hit detection. The repairing armor and potion drinking glitches are still on Loka's end.

And that may possibly be NCP. When I get a chance soonish, we can try to sit down one night and see what's up.

Back