Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Implemented Add an incentive for Continental Conquest

Steve5729

Slicer
As it stands right now it seams as though continental conquest is dead, well except for Garama but it could easlily fall into the same pattern as the other two continents. There are large teams that don't want to fight for continental dominance and would rather fight for World Capital knowing they have something to fall back too for support. There is nothing wrong with that but now we have these 3 huge groups on each continent or maybe 2 IDK but Garama could just end up the same via another large group of players joining the server the same way Jotun did. Anyways these 3 huge powers just stay there forever because with the 30 territory cap people can get land and not have to bother with these huge powers who they know they will lose against. The majority of town vs town fights this month have been on Balak. With a maximum of 5 fights a day at highest. However what we see most day is 0 because people are cautious. There isn't anything wrong with that it's just that there is no more action anymore. The older insentive was buffs. People wanted to get buffed territories for their power. However since those have been moved to Balak and Rivinia (Rivina? IDK and I'm to lazy to check.) There is no incentive also the territory cap makes it harder to have a monopoly. The system now encourages trade more than attack. So what I propose is that we add something more than a slight industry buff and access to certain items. Don't do it with every tile because that makes it not special anymore. Here are some things that we could do: If you take this T-Gen it comes with a free moduel or This territory gives you a stronger radar (like up the lamp). Or this T-Gen always has a town portal in it for you (this would not negate the home networking policy as it would only be one territory.) I don't know just things like that. I feel this would bring at least a bit more continental conquest to Loka and I'd also love to hear other's Suggestions for these persks

MasonMcBadbat

Slicer
The battles on Garama are entirely credited to an opportunistic and partially independent New Axoim. They've gone against what would be the logical path to success, joining a large power. This behavior, while considered valuable and necessary to make the game interesting, is not in the majority of player's consideration. If New Axiom had not been created, Garama would be just as devoid of action as the other continents with, in our case, the towns separating into two or three alliances in order to maximize land held. We're finding that even the resources found at Dongish Hawaii are more of a chore than an expedition.

Steve5729

Slicer
The battles on Garama are entirely credited to an opportunistic and partially independent New Axoim. They've gone against what would be the logical path to success, joining a large power. This behavior, while considered valuable and necessary to make the game interesting, is not in the majority of player's consideration. If New Axiom had not been created, Garama would be just as devoid of action as the other continents with, in our case, the towns separating into two or three alliances in order to maximize land held. We're finding that even the resources found at Dongish Hawaii are more of a chore than an expedition.

This is a good thing. We need a reason for more people to be more like New Axiom. I do agree that after a while the Small Boi buffs do seem to lose their steam I mean they aren't that good. Also Dongish Hwaii is the best Small Boi nick name ever

MasonMcBadbat

Slicer
This is a good thing. We need a reason for more people to be more like New Axiom. I do agree that after a while the Small Boi buffs do seem to lose their steam I mean they aren't that good. Also Dongish Hwaii is the best Small Boi nick name ever
Yea I meant to say that New Axiom is an exception to the usual case for towns, so it's not necessarily the mechanics that are providing the draw to some action on Garama. I don't have any idea how to mechanically bring out that kind of behavior though. And thanks :)

jmeatball

Slicer
meh, we can't really force people to fight and thats just too bad. I think if the territory cap was based off of each continent (gararma 35, Kalros 40, Ascalon 50 or 60) more peeps would fight and we may even see a smaller battle. Also reintroducing Invasions may be a solution, seeing as there were daily fights when SH invaded Gararma and even a retaliation from Miracalis upon being invaded, that may be a way to get more people to fight and not flock to bigger alliances but Idk. Also decreasing the costs per territory would increase the amount of territory that would be taken, like I said, more territory and a less cost would help see smaller conquest fights and maybe even power struggles on Ascalon and Kalros.

Back