Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

No Plans to Implement Allow badlion client

marktheshark

Badlion client its a client with mods, none of them cheats, but advantages, yes. I say you should allow the client, as it is harder to use cheats/ unfair advantages with it. You can also block/ban mods on Loka, for the badlion client thought the badlion client api. I would like this changed because I use badlion client everyday, and would most likely want to play the server more, as i don't have to switch my minecraft launcher. While it does have a small advantages trade offs, i think more people would play the server, if you change this.

Last edited:

TheFreshLemon

Slicer
+1, this is great because it helps people get better fps which some people need that extra boost uwu. It also can be annoying for people to switch on/off their launchers for one server when the rest allow BLC which is an anti cheat client at that. By blocking/banning the mods on Loka you can also limit what mods people have access to keeping it fair still.

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
There are Badlion features that cannot be disabled through their API (like disabling tall grass rendering). I was also unable to measure or notice an FPS improvement over just OptiFine.

marktheshark

There are Badlion features that cannot be disabled through their API (like disabling tall grass rendering). I was also unable to measure or notice an FPS improvement over just OptiFine.
Badlion client without mods does 1, improve fps, i have done many tests, and 2, up your gamma. Also, you can have a texture pack that doesn't have grass, or have it very, minimal, and doesn't matter if you cant disable. Also my main point was, it alot easier to play the server as i don't have to switch, and I would play alot more if i was able to switch to playing the server, without switching the launcher, and i think alot of other people would play as well. I see no advantage game play wise for Badlion client, with all the things under the MODS tab, nor graphic tab.

Last edited:

SilentStormSix

Sentry
Community Rep
Badlion client without mods does 1, improve fps, i have done many tests, and 2, up your gamma. Also, you can have a texture pack that doesn't have grass, or have it very, minimal, and doesn't matter if you cant disable. Also my main point was, it alot easier to play the server as i don't have to switch, and I would play alot more if i was able to switch to playing the server, without switching the launcher, and i think alot of other people would play as well. I see no advantage game play wise for Badlion client, with all the things under the MODS tab, nor graphic tab.
You can up your gamma in your minecraft options text file

Evil_X

Sentry
I've always found badlion to give me a much more stable playing experience performance-wise.
This would give me eternal happiness +1

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
This conversation was mainly had in the discord a few days ago, but for clarity will provide a couple of the main points and reasons we will not be whitelisting such a client:
  • We would block all of its features/mods even if we whitelisted its use. This is because it gives people a distinct advantage and thus would force everyone to have to use it. The only reason people would, therefore, want it on the whitelist is so they didn't have to switch launchers (assuming they use badlion on other servers) This is not a reason for us to whitelist an entire client as big as Badlion.
  • The Badlion client is very sketchy. It wants to install a system scanner on your PC and even if you deny this it appears to do it anyway (this is what happened to us when we looked into the client). Whitelisting a mod/client on Loka is basically us endorsing it and we do not feel comfortable doing that considering how sketchy it is. (This thread from SayreSlayer goes into more detail)
  • The argument Badlion improves performance may be true, although from our testing is very minor, but there are many other mods out there that can do the same.
  • Its cosmetic business model directly conflicts with our own. As a server, we comply with the EULA and have no pay to win mechanics (unlike basically every server that allows this client). This means the only way we can get assistance with server costs is through cosmetics of our own.

Back