Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

No Plans to Implement Allow Feather Client like Loka did with Lunar Client.

dmacest

I don't know what would have to be done but there is a large player base that uses feather, a lot of them turn down Loka because it doesn't allow their client in my personal experiences and I don't doubt there isn't other people who have had this happen too.

I would assume part of the reason Lunar is allowed is because Loka can control which mods to allow and disallow while using the client on Loka. To my knowledge no such plugin exists to do this for Feather.

There is of course Loka’s reason(s), this is mostly an educated guess.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I would assume part of the reason Lunar is allowed is because Loka can control which mods to allow and disallow while using the client on Loka. To my knowledge no such plugin exists to do this for Feather.

It is this.

but isnt feather just a more glorified version of forge? even if you dont allow people to use feather, people can still just put cheats on forge
Feather is Feather Fabric. That is it's signature and in reality what it is as well. Yes players can cheat on forge, many do, many more in my opinion (especially in later versions) cheat on Fabric. However, this doesn't exactly mean much as both the Forge and Fabric signatures can be spoofed when the client sends packets to the server upon joining, effectively bypassing any blocking of them. To my knowledge there is no real way to spoof the Lunar signature how you can with Forge and Fabric.

Overall it seems very reasonable to block the client, and if you want an example of another client which is controllable in similar fashion to Lunar I believe Badlion is (https://github.com/BadlionClient/BadlionClientModAPI).

UNFALLEN

Muted

isnt it the same for fabric

Greeneryy

Muted
It is this.
But you also can’t control Forge/Fabric mods?

At this point I believe not allowing feather client is just causing the server to have it harder for it to gain new players

I’m only revisiting this thread cause while i’m typing this I could’ve been gearing 3 more recruits but they won’t join cos loka no allow feather 🥲

Lexxnd

At this point I believe not allowing feather client is just causing the server to have it harder for it to gain new players

I’m only revisiting this thread cause while i’m typing this I could’ve been gearing 3 more recruits but they won’t join cos loka no allow feather 🥲
Feather is trash why they care so much abt it

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder

To be fair, we would if we could and so would just about every major smp server.

It seems Feather has an API so we may have the ability to disable specific features, so might be able to review this.

To be fair, we would if we could and so would just about every major smp server.
Has Loka tried Hacked Server or related plugins in order to limit mods? I understand the possibility mainly existed for early versions of Forge but I wasn't sure about versions of Fabric and later versions of Forge.

Also what is this Feather API? If you can tell.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Has Loka tried Hacked Server or related plugins in order to limit mods? I understand the possibility mainly existed for early versions of Forge but I wasn't sure about versions of Fabric and later versions of Forge.

We already either detect (same way this plugin does), or don't care about most of these mods. By "mods everybody would block" we mean more or less hacked clients and the like. Most illegal mods do not advertise themselves in a detectable way for obvious reasons.

Also what is this Feather API? If you can tell.

nvm I'm an idiot. I was looking at Labymod, but that's one we could consider allowing if we can turn off what we need to.

Back