Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Artifact

JocelynReed

Slicer
What is the artifact?
How did it break apart?
How many parts are there?/ where are they?
How is it powered?
What does it do?
Can we rebuild it?

I can think of three artifacts: 1. In Hyrule, 2. On top of spawn, 3. In the old world
Are there more?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
JocelynReed said:
What is the artifact?

Something of immense, immense power. Beyond that, everything is still mostly conjecture.

JocelynReed said:
How did it break apart?

I'm not of the First or Second Age; so somebody older will have to answer that one.

JocelynReed said:

The one that broke I believe is in the old world.

JocelynReed said:
How is it powered?

Unknown.

JocelynReed said:
What does it do?

Unknown. The only 'pattern' is that it seems to respond to knife activity.

JocelynReed said:
Can we rebuild it?

If you're referring to the broken one of the old world, I'm not sure we can, or what would happen if we did.

JocelynReed said:
Are there more?

There is one in the Trainee course.

Zor95

Slicer
JocelynReed said:
How did it break apart?

Pretty certain it broke apart as Artifact exploded. One piece either landed in Hyrule or found Magpie and now resides there in the library. I was also under the impression that there was a fragment in the spire of old spawn.

Zor95

Slicer
Cryptite said:
JocelynReed said:

The one that broke I believe is in the old world.

According to Asymp it traveled to Loka with us. Maybe that's what broke it rather than the explosion.

JocelynReed said:
What does it do?

I was told for the longest time that it's what causes us to respawn after death, but that's been questioned as of late.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
The artifact in hyrule library was built as a replica of the one at top of the three sisters. It then attracted the attention of Preksak as it acted as a beacon. This was the first time we ever encountered preksak. It was a very chilling moment for both me and Gallazius.

Zor95

Slicer
Magpieman said:
The artifact in hyrule library was built as a replica of the one at top of the three sisters. It then attracted the attention of Preksak as it acted as a beacon. This was the first time we ever encountered preksak. It was a very chilling moment for both me and Gallazius.

You do now have an actual piece of it?

JocelynReed

Slicer
Someone once told me (can't remember who). That the artifacts balanced the energeies in Loka...both good and bad.

Zor95

Slicer
JocelynReed said:
Someone once told me (can't remember who). That the artifacts balanced the energeies in Loka...both good and bad.

If that's true then why did Freyja need to get involved at the Spire?

JocelynReed

Slicer
Zor95 said:
JocelynReed said:

If that's true then why did Freyja need to get involved at the Spire?

No idea. I am still shocked that battle even occured. How was Asy even trapped?

andrekeroxd

Slicer
Someone clear me out on this one. When I first joined, I heard that Preksak and Asy could not escape if from a room that was completely covered in a double layer obsidian wall, floor and ceiling. Is this just a myth?

Zor95

Slicer
andrekeroxd said:
Someone clear me out on this one. When I first joined, I heard that Preksak and Asy could not escape if from a room that was completely covered in a double layer obsidian wall, floor and ceiling. Is this just a myth?

It's true, but when Nouv trapped Asymp in a box he just spawned in a lava bucket and killed himself :p

I'm guessing the box above spawn had some additional enchantments on it.

Back