Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Babycat For Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

babycat

Slicer
DISCLAIMER:
I am posting a new builder application since I have recently worked a whole lot on creating a new build following the Lokan Style of Building, The Isles of Acharn, and I feel that creating a new post is the best solution to get this topic on the street.

I am currently 17 Years Old.

Current Rank:
I am currently a settler.

Rank Being Applied For:
Builder / Architect

Why I should become a builder?
From my perspective a builder is someone who takes an imagined concept, and tries to bring it into reality. Whether it be something along the lines of building a small house for one of your friends, designing and constructing a city on a few islands, or designing a continent. By doing this they're taking the imagined ideas and creating them for other people to experience and enjoy every detail of.

I personally feel I should be given a chance at becoming one of the builders on Loka for three reasons.
#1. I am extremely passionate about the design process and the challenges that it presents when it comes to creating something based on a simple idea. This passion for me continues into the real world as well as into the virtual world of Minecraft.
#2. I have had experience building on a more active role for other servers as another member of that server's build team DFG1125 can attest to. If requested by the admins on Loka I could likely get a reference from that server's admin team or owner as they were all members of said server at the time.
#3. I have the necessary skills and abilities to create creative solutions to requested design problems in a short time period to a high level of detail.

When did I start playing on this server?
I joined this server officially on February 16, 2018 this year but became much more active in Firsthold around late April when I began to work more extensively on projects with its members.

Time Zone:
Mountain Time: EST - 2

How much do I play?
While it may seem as if I have been moderately inactive over the last couple of weeks I can provide server logs as well as user logs of my business on a build server as I have been designing the new town of Acharn for its creation on Loka.

In general though I could easily provide several hours a week, likely around 20 during the summer but as next year is my last year for High School and I will be doing extra-curricular activities the time that I can play will likely diminish but I would still be able to find time to Build.

How Experienced am I with World Edit?
I like to think that I have a high degree of skill when it comes to using World Edit as I feel I have a competent understanding of the brushes, as well as tools to manipulate structures to speed up the design process greatly.

Recently I have looked into World Painter and have discovered that it seems like a super advanced tool which I would still classify myself as a beginner in but if asked of me I expect I could provide relatively detailed maps within a couple of days, depending on the size.

[22:32:27] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Iwasnotthere> bbcat you're a god with w/e
[22:32:31] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Qfu> i agree
[22:32:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <babycat> Qfu, can I quote you on that?
[22:32:51] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] <Qfu> yes

My Favorite Build Style:
As I have recently been building the Isles of Acharn I have grown to enjoy the more medieval style that is present on Loka. I have also greatly enjoyed the process of building more modern styled builds in the past so I would say they are my favourite styles to build in.

I also greatly enjoy the process of terraforming land to produce a detailed and moderately realistic feel to the land that the standard Minecraft World Generation does not provide.

Screenshots of My Builds
Edit: If wanted I can provide more screenshots of stuff I have built in the past. Given I wasn't as good at the time but there are more screenshots.

Texturepack Being Used: https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/try-new-minecraft-java-textures
If the Admins want a tour of the City to inspect it in greater detail I can talk with Xlan who is graciously hosting the server and see if we can get you white listed.

f1heH5m.jpg

nuJweDB.jpg

AsFmbOe.jpg

Hu1LYks.jpg

rKF7OxQ.jpg

70gUuln.jpg

OekEzpG.jpg

Rp1pXtQ.jpg

oWo2Kd2.jpg

2JpZIaH.jpg
zKQR3np.png

50DK6La.png