Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

agorednocit

Slicer
I would like to start out by saying that by making this post I am not trying to minimize anything I have done in terms of breaking the rules, but some of the things that were compiled for the ban I would like to explain.
Bann appeal.jpg
When I asked Wolfegger if I could put TNT in a dispenser, I had already done it and was asking retrospectively. I didn't deliberately disobey him and I would have removed the TNT if I could have, but New Ibbish had recently blocked off the entrance to the area I had used previously to get there. My logic in thinking that it was OK in the first place was that the TNT was not being used to gain entrance to a town and that the blast would only destroy some slabs and rails.

The three signs with the F-word on them were placed underground in my own town.

I did steal a named horse from New Ibbish at one time, which I acknowledge to be a violation of a rule on raiding. However I think it should be considered that I was not deliberately trying to break the rule and once I realized my mistake I reported myself and returned the horse within a day.

I didn't leave a nerd pole at Valkyrie. I made very sure to break the blocks under me as I pillared up. The method I used to get in (boat gliding) was perfectly legal at the time. If there was a nerd pole, it either wasn't from me, or was caused by an error in how territory regeneration works. IIRC there was a glitch that made it possible to make blocks permanent in regenerating areas by placing and then breaking them immediately after.

I've played on this server for just under 3 years and have never gotten in trouble like this. And aside from the horse incident and one time Lea told me to watch my chat, I don't think I've had any run-ins.
As much as I don't like it, I think that if I really broke the rules then I should have to take my ban. There has been some talk on the forums regarding inconsistencies in banning, and I don't want any favoritism. But I think that the reasons for my ban should be reconsidered.

Attachments

• 2016-05-20_15.01.07.png
    2016-05-20_15.01.07.png
    145.9 KB · Views: 7

gabrosen

Slicer
I didn't leave a nerd pole at Valkyrie. I made very sure to break the blocks under me as I pillared up.
Okay... I known Agorednocit Long enough to know that he would never destroy any part of the environment unless the action was necessary. When I go exploring with agored he yells at me for accidentally not breaking nerd poles after use.

When I asked Wolfegger if I could put TNT in a dispenser, I had already done it and was asking retrospectively. I didn't deliberately disobey him and I would have removed the TNT if I could have
Agored is mostly consistent with following the rules. Do you really think he would have done this if he knew not to at the time? I mean sure, he should have talked to wolfegger after the fact, but people make mistakes...

I did steal a named horse from New Ibbish at one time, which I acknowledge to be a violation of a rule on raiding. However I think it should be considered that I was not deliberately trying to break the rule and once I realized my mistake I reported myself and returned the horse within a day.
Sometimes I agree that agored acts before thinking but at least he is honest about making his mistakes. Agorednocit is a fairly honest person I believe that he might deserve this temp ban but maybe the severity of the punishment needs lessen up just a little bit. Two weeks seems a bit much don't you think? Me if I was banned for this long I would go crazy! Loka means a lot to me and I believe this is the same with Agorednocit.

Wolfegger

Slicer
We have considered your explanations, and the ban is changed to 5 days (from now).

Regarding the signs, they may be within your town borders, but they were placed so that outsiders would see them (obviously meant for the outsiders, where they were placed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back