Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion BAN SECTION: LOKA WEBSITE

jakeman5

Slicer
I swear I worked too hard on this. Had to ban bat like 10 times to get these screenshots so you better institute it.

So essentially I think it would be good if there was a bans section on the Loka website. I have essentially recreated what the website would look like so Cryptite and Magpieman don't have to think.
You're welcome.

This would be a great way to keep tabs on bans, give players an idea of what is going on in Loka rather than having to always /find a player.

Let me know what y'all think.

Home PageBan ListWhat comes up when the ban is clicked on.

Last edited:

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I'm not sure what problem this is solving for. Almost looks like we're bragging about all our bans if we put enough energy in it to advertise on the website. I'd sooner open up /find to everyone in discord.

That said we are interested in opening up a public API for people to use with public Loka data. If at that point someone feels like making like a lokabans.com website or something that would be something they could do

jakeman5

Slicer
I'm not sure what problem this is solving for. Almost looks like we're bragging about all our bans if we put enough energy in it to advertise on the website. I'd sooner open up /find to everyone in discord.

That said we are interested in opening up a public API for people to use with public Loka data. If at that point someone feels like making like a lokabans.com website or something that would be something they could do
Reasoning for bans / unban times and could give more information than just Tempbanned - Hacking.

jakeman5

Slicer
Also I just think the information should be more accessible. After second thought it isn't exactly the smartest to put bans on the home page but I think something like this would make sense.1660944142954.png

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Reasoning for bans / unban times and could give more information than just Tempbanned - Hacking.

There isn't extra (public) information about ban reasons fwiw. We wouldn't make our notes on the bans public either, so you'd only see what you can see in /find. Might be able to see ban history but that's about it

koi0001

Guardian
Admittedly I never really understood why smaller servers (under 1k population) used websites like this. And yeah it would be cool if updates was updated more often or if it was linked to announcements?

Cool website though.

obuth

Guardian
Almost looks like we're bragging about all our bans if we put enough energy in it to advertise on the website.
fwiw, people who browse the website are already familiar with a lot of other aspects about Loka. Meaning that they know about the forums (where bans are publicly discussed), Discord servers and /find in-game. So, adding a ''ban section'' would primarily be seen as a conveniency, rather than a ''brag section''.

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
I think this is probably the better way to go. Loka doesn't need to display its bans for people to know that the admin team is doing its job, nor should the average player know about every ban that is going on at any given moment.

jakeman5

Slicer
I think this is probably the better way to go. Loka doesn't need to display its bans for people to know that the admin team is doing its job, nor should the average player know about every ban that is going on at any given moment.
I was also thinking this could be a good tool for town owners when considering if you should accept a member into your town. Looking at their history (using the search function)

ArcherSquid

Muted

PLEASE API PLESAEEEEEEEE IM BEGGING

Orphious

Slicer

at least we're getting an API out of this suggestion :praise:

Back