Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

No Plans to Implement Bedrock

dmacest

Consider adding Windows 11. I think it would be pretty cool and a lot of new players would come along.

mindblaster007

I like how the Elders are like, “oh no they can cheat ahhhh”, rather than always complaining about how something could be a problem, why not find a solution for once? Why not make a custom anti-cheat rather than using COTS plugins that already only do a subpar job at detecting cheats? Sure it may be a little bit of work, but like if you pull it off, it would bring in countless new players.

Raddus_

Guardian
I like how the Elders are like, “oh no they can cheat ahhhh”, rather than always complaining about how something could be a problem, why not find a solution for once? Why not make a custom anti-cheat rather than using COTS plugins that already only do a subpar job at detecting cheats? Sure it may be a little bit of work, but like if you pull it off, it would bring in countless new players.
I think you expect too much of the elders sometimes. Loka isnt their job, and they are balancing about a million other projects trying to make the server better. Cut them some slack here.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
why not find a solution for once
Some things are easier said than done.

rather than using COTS plugins that already only do a subpar job at detecting cheats
Based on what evidence?

it would bring in countless new players

There is an overwhelming amount of the Java Edition playerbase that we have yet to tap.

It could be that we could look into Bedrock support in some distant future, but it's not something we are presently interested in.

mindblaster007

I think you expect too much of the elders sometimes. Loka isnt their job, and they are balancing about a million other projects trying to make the server better. Cut them some slack here.
Some things are easier said than done.
"Sure it may be a little bit of work, but like if you pull it off, it would bring in countless new players." ~@mindblaster007
Also, I don't expect anything from them; I'm just pointing out how null and void their stance is on this. Also worth mentioning is a custom anti-cheat that actually works with both Java and Bedrock players, which is highly desired amongst many right now. There's also the plus-side that if they do make one that works, it would be commercially profitable, which in turn would allow for them to use that income on said projects such as marketing, a developer (if they wanted), or even better server hardware. It would also allow there to be enough players that an EU proxy could become viable.

Based on what evidence?
1711471675207.png
For those who don't know, Vulcan is considered to be the best anti-cheat commercially available due to the extremely extensive list of checks it performs. However, it constantly and consistently false flags players with super high ping if there is a lag spike and/or if the player is using an elytra while loading chunks. Attached below is a photo of Vulcan "detecting" a player >200 times in a second for both Timer and Jump. The player was jumping with a jump-two potion while using an elytra.

There is an overwhelming amount of the Java Edition playerbase that we have yet to tap.
On the other hand, there are more active players on Bedrock than on Java.

crossplay breaks a lot of things including the sexy resourcepack that you need to play now
This is blatantly untrue, as usual. I can think of two or three servers that use custom texturepacks and are also Bedrock/Java compatible. I'd name a few but I wouldn't want you to mute me out of spite.

Attachments

• 1711472752084.png
    1711472752084.png
    166 KB · Views: 18

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Vulcan is considered to be the best anti-cheat commercially available

FWIW, it is not. You are also bringing up 5 month old evidence, when anticheats are updated usually quite frequently. Also false positives do not necessarily mean an anticheat is bad (every single anticheat that exists has some FPs). It is up to server owners to make informed decisions based on the feedback they get.

I can think of two or three servers that use custom texturepacks and are also Bedrock/Java compatible
Are they running modern 1.20.4 with its features (scoreboard updates, etc), or just ViaVersion on an old version of MC?

doota

"Sure it may be a little bit of work, but like if you pull it off, it would bring in countless new players." ~@mindblaster007
Also, I don't expect anything from them; I'm just pointing out how null and void their stance is on this. Also worth mentioning is a custom anti-cheat that actually works with both Java and Bedrock players, which is highly desired amongst many right now. There's also the plus-side that if they do make one that works, it would be commercially profitable, which in turn would allow for them to use that income on said projects such as marketing, a developer (if they wanted), or even better server hardware. It would also allow there to be enough players that an EU proxy could become viable.

View attachment 9811
For those who don't know, Vulcan is considered to be the best anti-cheat commercially available due to the extremely extensive list of checks it performs. However, it constantly and consistently false flags players with super high ping if there is a lag spike and/or if the player is using an elytra while loading chunks. Attached below is a photo of Vulcan "detecting" a player >200 times in a second for both Timer and Jump. The player was jumping with a jump-two potion while using an elytra.

On the other hand, there are more active players on Bedrock than on Java.

This is blatantly untrue, as usual. I can think of two or three servers that use custom texturepacks and are also Bedrock/Java compatible. I'd name a few but I wouldn't want you to mute me out of spite.
vulcan is trash bro 😭 theres like 10 clients that bypass it, ive seen cheaters on servers with vulcan as the AC it cant detect bougan

Tedzi_

Loka doesnt need a custom anticheat right now anyways, the playerbase is small enough that when a player is cheating, people report them and after some time they get screenshared

Back