Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Bottling Exp

Noloite

I know that dungeons produce exp bottles. This isn't about generating exp, but storing it.

Right clicking with an empty glass bottle should give you a "medium-sized" bottle of exp for later use. Why is this useful? You might be going out to battle and need to store those 34 levels. Someone might need to "borrow" some levels so they can repair their bow. Maybe you're just not ready to enchant yet and don't want to die with 41 levels.
2018-01-20_21.28.59.png

Galaxy219

Slicer
Maybe have it so you get like half the xp? Since when you level up like logging or something you get xp so just having a way to keep storing all the xp is a bit OP since you start getting alot of xp in the higher levels. And everyone in your town thats on gets it (I think).
So say you have 10 people on in a older town and level up something and everyone gets like 30 levels (from 0). Thats alot of xp bottles from just leveling up something.

Reactions: Mrp

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
The main reason we have not included a way to bottle xp yourself is from a balance perspective. We have generally been very generous with xp on Loka due to the lack of mob farms and the desire to make it easier for new players to obtain high-level gear in order to participate in conquest. However we have always thought bottling xp was possibly a step too far as it removes some of the risk of dying and can allow established towns to create enormous stockpiles and effectively snowball. While xp bottles don't hold huge value I fear allowing players to self-bottle it would crash any market for them, making them worthless.

Jammin_Mas

Slicer
I believe that the xp market right now is heavily broken, as only the major towns with lots of land gather all the xp. Perhaps if we use galaxys plan and we supply the bottles for the xp, maybe it would balance it more?

Walkers

I believe that the xp market right now is heavily broken, as only the major towns with lots of land gather all the xp. Perhaps if we use galaxys plan and we supply the bottles for the xp, maybe it would balance it more?
dont we already get bottled xp from industry that we could sell/give to small towns?

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
dont we already get bottled xp from industry that we could sell/give to small towns?
All towns have an equal chance to generate bottled xp from the dungeon industry, however the larger towns tend to have more land and therefore generate more. But yes they can be traded with everyone.

Jammin_Mas

Slicer
Yes this is true however I do not enjoy asking allies repeatedly for xp bottles, or paying upwards of 500 shards per stack of bottles. Not only are the xp bottle reserves held to the towns with more land, but they also control the market prices for it.

Back