Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

No Plans to Implement bring back old loot spread

baajann

The Loka Community would really enjoy the old loot spread back, as it makes "clips" look cleaner and overall its easier to loot instead of everything flying everywhere.

Blissterz

+1 it's really annoying and the point of it being "vanilla" is just stupid as the server literally has a custom map and a whole conquest system xd.

doota

they keep denying this simply for the reason that its vanilla and its really stupid as like 10% of this server is vanilla and everything else is custom. If the community wants old loot spread why not give it to them? theres literally 0 downside...

berdb

Slicer
its really stupid as like 10% of this server is vanilla and everything else is custom.
33% dmg boost, neth disabled, shields heavily nerfed, crystals heavily nerfed, shield disabling buffed, webbed bolas, ancient ingots,
----> old loot spread is too big of a change, we would like to keep the server vanilla

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
they keep denying this simply for the reason that its vanilla and its really stupid as like 10% of this server is vanilla and everything else is custom. If the community wants old loot spread why not give it to them? theres literally 0 downside...
To my knowledge, this is a lie. We have never stated the reason we don't wish to change it is due to it being vanilla. We have reminded people it is not a bug and instead vanilla behaviour but this is not the reason for not changing it. Most players get upset with any changes to the game so we wanted to see how it played out over a longer period of time once people were used to it. Crypt actively enjoyed the loot spread because it looked cool and liked the fact players had to move around to collect all the loot. At the end of the day it is subjective and we will continue to discuss it with the LCRs. Something I think people often overlook is this is not a trivial thing to implement, there is not some magic button that switches between the old and new loot spread.

doota

To my knowledge, this is a lie. We have never stated the reason we don't wish to change it is due to it being vanilla. We have reminded people it is not a bug and instead vanilla behaviour but this is not the reason for not changing it. Most players get upset with any changes to the game so we wanted to see how it played out over a longer period of time once people were used to it. Crypt actively enjoyed the loot spread because it looked cool and liked the fact players had to move around to collect all the loot. At the end of the day it is subjective and we will continue to discuss it with the LCRs. Something I think people often overlook is this is not a trivial thing to implement, there is not some magic button that switches between the old and new loot spread.
so we're lying
1715370451504.png

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I think to clarify what we're defending, there seems to be some belief that "because Loka is not all that vanilla anymore", that we are not allowed to try to be vanilla, which is what got beef about. We're still allowed to try to retain vanilla behavior on things if we want to.

doota

I think to clarify what we're defending, there seems to be some belief that "because Loka is not all that vanilla anymore", that we are not allowed to try to be vanilla, which is what got beef about. We're still allowed to try to retain vanilla behavior on things if we want to.
youre allowed to but when every single player (i have not seen one player who dosent want this) it should be implemented because literally everyone wants the old loot spread back. i understand it could take time to code that but as server owners/staff its your job to make the server the best it can possibly be and stand for what the community wants

Back