Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Bug Bug with infinite banner design

Frxnkey

So today I used the infinite banner NPC to make a banner and I noticed two things that I don't think were supposed to happen. First, it seems that the last banner design wasn't added to the final banner which sucks. I also was unable to copy the banner onto another banner, unless there's another way to do it outside of the vanilla feature. (I was trying to do it with the same base color)
Also IMO the price for the infinite banner designs is way too high.

edit: the last two banner designs were cut off from the final piece

Last edited:

kiadmowi

Slicer
this is probably so low on their list of priorities it's slipped off the monitor and onto the floor but there is/was also a bug months ago that made certain layers duplicate even if there was only one of that layer on any of the banners.
makes for uneven colors and ultimately a banner that doesn't look as nice as expected which i'd still like a refund for :(

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
So today I used the infinite banner NPC to make a banner and I noticed two things that I don't think were supposed to happen. First, it seems that the last banner design wasn't added to the final banner which sucks. I also was unable to copy the banner onto another banner, unless there's another way to do it outside of the vanilla feature. (I was trying to do it with the same base color)
Also IMO the price for the infinite banner designs is way too high.

edit: the last two banner designs were cut off from the final piece
Yes this definitely is an issue, and if you purchased one that did not produce the pattern you wanted due to the bug I'd be happy to refund it. We may need to redesign how the banner NPC works as a whole. The reason the banners are priced as they are is that they can be duplicated an infinite number of times once it has been made. With it also being able to be used to represent your town across the whole server, we feel it's fair to price it as is (when it's working correctly of course).

this is probably so low on their list of priorities it's slipped off the monitor and onto the floor but there is/was also a bug months ago that made certain layers duplicate even if there was only one of that layer on any of the banners.
makes for uneven colors and ultimately a banner that doesn't look as nice as expected which i'd still like a refund for :(
You are correct, this issue did indeed fall on the floor and slid under the furniture, as often happens with low priority/cosmetic bugs. We still should have refunded you when it happened though, even though the bug hasn't been fixed yet, which I have done now.

Frxnkey

Yes this definitely is an issue, and if you purchased one that did not produce the pattern you wanted due to the bug I'd be happy to refund it. We may need to redesign how the banner NPC works as a whole. The reason the banners are priced as they are is that they can be duplicated an infinite number of times once it has been made. With it also being able to be used to represent your town across the whole server, we feel it's fair to price it as is (when it's working correctly of course).

You are correct, this issue did indeed fall on the floor and slid under the furniture, as often happens with low priority/cosmetic bugs. We still should have refunded you when it happened though, even though the bug hasn't been fixed yet, which I have done now.
If I could get a refund that would be wonderful. The banner I have doesn't really look like what I was aiming for at all.

Back