Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Implemented Change in rankeds

Zachary_N_Kaleno

Sentry
Community Rep
I agree with most of what you suggest, but 50 hours is just too much, 10 hours or less seems more reasonable imo.

SilentStormSix

Sentry
Any time requirement to play ranked kind of seems insane IMO, like if the problem is alts then maybe we need to start from there.

berdb

Slicer
Any player can join and immediately join a ranked PVP match whereas with conquest they must join a town and work with another group of players which are very likely to say if there's a banned player in their town out of fear of being banned themselves. Conquest already requires a massive amount of preparation and setup whereas ranked joining is instant.
If your banned and alting you can just spam in chat: "I need town pls bro pls". Youll get added to some town and be able to do conquest, you dont need a massive amount of preparation and setup 😭 😭 😭 😭

Adding a requirement to register (which many competitive games have in place) makes alting far more detectable and cumbersome.
But yeah that's why I said in my first post that 50hours is too much, not just straightup nope. However adding huge requirements for the whole player base due to a few players alting just seems stupid to me. (But if its in the single digits then it wouldn't really effect much, maybe better to start by seeing what can be done about alts)

Also many competitive games (take valorant) have a requirement system in place to make it harder for better players to smurf in low elo, not to detect alts really.

koi0001

Guardian
If your banned and alting you can just spam in chat: "I need town pls bro pls". Youll get added to some town
I have seen countless players not get added to towns using this tactic and I have probably seen more alts reported using this tactic.
due to a few players alting just seems stupid to me.
I think this is a bit of an underestimate of how much players alt.
maybe better to start by seeing what can be done about alts
Obviously we're wanting to minimise alts at all on Loka whenever we can and we're open to any ideas which would help deter alting/make it difficult.
Also many competitive games (take valorant) have a requirement system in place to make it harder for better players to smurf in low elo, not to detect alts really.
It really doesn't hurt as a deterrent and in our case asking them to register would be useful for other reasons.

berdb

Slicer
I have seen countless players not get added to towns using this tactic
good point however matiizin (he has probably been in 500 towns)

due to a few players alting just seems stupid to me.
"I think this is a bit of an underestimate of how much players alt."
well yeah but how many of those players actually impact ranked a ton

LancerSquid

Sentry
Make it so you need to have some playtime before playing rankeds, this could be applied so the banned players that are alting can’t play rankeds, my suggestion would be 50 hours of playtime something like that.
Good advice +1

Back