Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Implemented Colored leather armor on Balak

Maxopoly

With the introduction of Balak, open world PvP has become the daily standard. Invis potions are considered a requirement when fighting on there to avoid focus and this has caused a new arms race to appear.

To be able to distinguish friend from foe, people are using CIT (special texture packs), which color people's armor differently based on the name of the armor (usually the chest plate). The problem here is that once the enemy knows the secret name you are using, they can use it themselves and so you need to change the secret name every time it is comprised. With people dying on Balak daily and Tgen fights reporting armor name at the end, it has become a requirement to change these CIT packs daily. Getting 50+ alliance members to change their texture pack daily is an unneccesary annoyance and not fun for anyone involved. Not taking part in it makes you useless in fights though, because often everyone will be invisible.

Due to this I'd suggest the addition of colored leather armor based on alliance membership in Balak.

Walkers

I don't really understand why CITs are allowed, when we first joined and asked about QOL mods we were told that doesnt happen on Loka as it is unfair on others to "have" to install mods for their advantages. Yet CITs provide a similar QOL aspect and are argubly harder for the average player to create, maintain and keep updated daily then installing mods.

As much as they're a really cool aspect, I don't think it matches with what Loka wants.

So yes I support this change to remove the CIT advantage, but I also think the admins should look at it in a more global sense because it effects everyone in ganks not just Balak gankathons.

Skuhoo

Administrator
Staff member
Elder
CITs are technically allowed because Optifine is an allowed mod. The biggest reason we added armor colors to battlezones was because of CIT packs. It's not something the server necessarily supports at all.

ArcherSquid

Muted
This would be a great addition to Loka as I feel new towns/players wouldn't have access to these features. As Max said, if one player dies, you have to rename their CIT so that the enemy cant single them out, or use the CIT to their advantage.Overall, colored leather armors for both alliances fighting would be the best solution to the CIT problem.

Back