Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Currency: What do you deposit/withdraw form bank?

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
I would like to know honestly and in as much detail as possible what everyone withdraws and deposits in banks and gens. What item do you use to run your gen the most? (e.g. iron) What item you withdraw the most of from the bank? etc. I require this information so we can balance the economy as we are going to adjust bank prices slightly as well as gen costs. The more feedback the better. Also any opinions on any over or under priced ores is appreciated.

Zor95

Slicer
What item do you use to run your gen the most?

Lapis blocks.

What item do you withdraw the most of from the bank?

It's between emeralds for trading and gold for alchemy and golden apples. Probably emeralds.

What do you deposit the most?

Diamonds.

MrAlchemy

Slicer
What item do you use to run your gen the most?

Emeralds.

What item do you withdraw the most of from the bank?

Emeralds for gen. Dont use the bank much aside for conversion.

What do you deposit the most?

Diamonds.

~Iron is very underpriced imo, although it is found en mass.
~Villagers with the trading aspect take much of the rarity from many blocks too. Especially if you have a villager farm.
~for the rarity of finding an emerald (and when you do it's usually just one or two blocks) they are everywhere cause of the bank. I can make countless (not really XD) emerald ore blocks with the bank and a few diamonds....

Zor95

Slicer
~for the rarity of finding an emerald (and when you do it's usually just one or two blocks) they are everywhere cause of the bank. I can make countless (not really XD) emerald ore blocks with the bank and a few diamonds....

The one thing the bank can't give you is silk touched emerald ores which remains a sign of the wealthy and/or a great explorer. At least until we replace some chunks with mountain biomes.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
So diamonds are over priced and iron is underpriced. Is that the general thoughts of people? I do think lapis should be devalued.

mopb3

Slicer
Gold's value should be boosted up, diamonds are good as they stand and iron needs to be that price, its far too common for any other

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
I still want to use emeralds as the currency but was gonna double their current value, can people abuse emeralds with regards to villagers?

mopb3

Slicer
If you double their value, gotta half generator costs, or take away the fee in the bank for iron

mopb3

Slicer
I am sorry for every having doubted you O' mighty one who makes the sun rise at dawn

Zor95

Slicer
Lapis is only a problem when you use Fortune III on it. It goes from 3-12 to "a lot". Iron I agree is far too common for a price increase; you can get over a thousand per cave if you mine it all. Diamond I also agree is fine as it's rare(ish) and the tax makes withdrawing large amounts very expensive. Gold... maybe 10 each?

@ Mop

The bank and generator values are directly linked so if emeralds increase to 100 coins each in the bank then it will be worth 100 coins in a generator. There shouldn't be a need to adjust generator costs specifically for emeralds.

Artagan

Slicer
Lapis is only marginally overvalued, it's not as common as people make it out to be, even taking fortune into account. Iron is about the right value, lowering it into the decimals will only serve to complicate things overmuch. Diamonds are at about the right place, I can see arguements for lowering or increasing it. Emeralds and gold are both way undervalued.

K

KenuDragonfire

Well, problem is, if we change currency rates, people will become 100x richer. And well, that'll kinda destroy the whole legit view of the server.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Ok here is where i stand with it atm. This is the current values.

Iron = 1
Gold = 5
Lapis Block = 15
Diamond = 25

I propose the following changes.

Iron = 1
Gold = 8
Lapis Block = 12? (or maybe we make it one lapis per iron and not use blocks)
Diamond = 24

With regards to people becoming richer we would adjust bank accounts accordingly if it is necessary.

K

KenuDragonfire

Well, if people withdraw it all before the currency changes, then that'd be rather difficult. Atm I have a couple stacks of emerald blocks outside of my bank account, so, do Asy, you, and Crypt have the spare time to balance out every bank account, especially after people begin to deposit those emerald blocks?

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
To be honest the currency isnt going to be changing very dramatically as you can see with the values i posted it is small adjustments to some prices. You will not be able to abuse it.

mopb3

Slicer
I like Mag's proposed changes, but would have lapis not as blocks, rather have them at something like 1.5 per gem

Back