Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Custom Enchants

Custom Enchants

• Yes

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Hatron

Slicer
I think that loka should have some custom enchants. Maybe you would have to use the Arcanum for them or you could have like a special boat that can take you to a pvp zone where every now and then chests and mobs appear and you get them that way?

Wolfegger

Slicer
There has been some talk of more custom items, like the horseman sword. But I don't want a broad implementation of custom enchants. So much has been done to balance game play on Loka, and your proposal could make new problems for this.

Still, offer suggestions for specific enchant ideas and custom items. There might be one that all would want and that would not jeopardize balance.

The idea for a special PvP zone might be redundant with boss mobs that have been discussed already. They might give more experience (and maybe nifty drops). They could spawn as part of an industry building.

EastBowmen

Slicer
We strive to be as vanilla as possible, and I think this completely contradicts it. Although I disagree wih this, I love seeing PvP-related suggestions. Keep em coming!

Grubul

Slicer
i agree with east. Lets keep the pvp stuff balanced and stay vanilla. But suggestions help to inspire even more ideas.

MasterAegon

Slicer
We strive to be as vanilla as possible, and I think this completely contradicts it. Although I disagree wih this, I love seeing PvP-related suggestions. Keep em coming!

We've come long past those days, East. There is little left that we can say resembles vanilla.

Leasaur

Slicer
Maybe custom enchants could be something we can add to lore and RP - more unique items like the Horseman's Sword. We have a lot going for Conquest already.

MasterAegon

Slicer
We're only vanilla in the sense that you still have to work for most of your gear and items without just being able to farm and buy it all.

Lazuli73

Slicer
/me sips from her bottle of rum

I wouldn't even call it semi-vanilla. In my books Loka has skewed so far off in its own tangent with all of the custom game mechanics and plugins that you're being generous at best. I know we're not straight up adding mods, but still. I would describe the server as Custom mcMMO with Vannila Style Game Mechanics. Also, I'm out of rum.

Ajaxan

Slicer
When I describe Loka I describe it as a Civilization building game. The world is made and shaped by the players everything from the economy to politics and even the lore. Most servers create at least 1 or more of these aspects through plugins and they are completely unrelated to what players think.

For instance, many servers have markets with infinite resources so you can just farm one resource and have access to everything. Most servers, completely design and direct the lore in an attempt to make it more interesting and its normally has little to nothing to do with what players have actually done.

Loka it a Civilization Experiment. There are mercenaries wiling to sell their swords for cash. There are towns and cities fighting for control of land and resources. There are players with real loyalty to their towns and alliances. There are real politics where every little decision you make influences your relationship with other nations. Everything is real. Its a simulation of civilization in Minecraft and beyond just being fun, its fascinating to watch.

So is it vanilla? No, but no one actually wants a vanilla server (even all those dirty liars on reddit who claim they want one.) Everyone wants a non-vanilla server that feels vanilla. And that is Loka. Because everything is player driven it doesn't feel fake or forced. It feels natural. It feels vanilla.

gabrosen

Slicer
Loka it a Civilization Experiment. There are mercenaries wiling to sell their swords for cash. There are towns and cities fighting for control of land and resources. There are players with real loyalty to their towns and alliances. There are real politics where every little decision you make influences your relationship with other nations. Everything is real. Its a simulation of civilization in Minecraft and beyond just being fun, its fascinating to watch.
Well said my friend! I always thought of it as computer games such as Age of Mythology, Civilization, StarCraft II, or even Lord of the Rings battles for middle earth, along with all the War Crafts

Back