Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Database whoopsie

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
In preparations for linking the database that drives Loka with the Website so that the website always has the latest data about everything, I inadvertently wiped out a lot of Player Database information. Fortunately most of this is fairly trivial and in no way affects your actual Minecraft data (position, ender chest, etc).

Not all Lokans were affected, but most of the active ones were. In short basically anyone who's ever played VotA, the top 25 1v1 PvPers and some top 2v2 players as well were all affected.

What is irreversibly lost, unfortunately, is the following:
  • Saved Talents
  • Achievements earned
  • Tips remembered
  • Help zones visited
  • Inventory Preferences
  • Internal VotA matchmaking rating (so everybody's the same level now for awhile)
And some other things I'm probably forgetting. Fortunately, you'll re-gain these all over time, but there will probably be some annoying achievement spam for awhile.

I was able to restore people's /town; but /home was wiped for those players. This is hopefully not very many people, but admins will be on today to help people get back to them if need be.

My huge apologies here as this is annoying, I understand. The silver lining is, however, that it's always for the better of the server and soon there will be no more concerns whether the website is showing "the latest data".

Back