Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Dated Books

KettleMoth

Hello!

I recently returned to Loka after a hiatus of several years and one of the things that has brought me a lot of joy is the old books I've had in my ender chest since around 2015. It's really enjoyable to see and read dusty old tomes written by old Lokans from back in my youth!

My only regret is that there is no way to see exactly when the books were written. Admittedly I have no idea how feasible this is, but, thought it would be a great way to help chronicle Loka's history if there was some text when looking at a book in your inventory that tells you what date it was created, similar to how it tells you who the author was?

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Hello!

I recently returned to Loka after a hiatus of several years and one of the things that has brought me a lot of joy is the old books I've had in my ender chest since around 2015. It's really enjoyable to see and read dusty old tomes written by old Lokans from back in my youth!

My only regret is that there is no way to see exactly when the books were written. Admittedly I have no idea how feasible this is, but, thought it would be a great way to help chronicle Loka's history if there was some text when looking at a book in your inventory that tells you what date it was created, similar to how it tells you who the author was?

This is a cool idea and something we could for sure do. Unfortunately though there is no way we could retroactively pull this off; books don't inherently store any data about their creation time :(

KettleMoth

This is a cool idea and something we could for sure do. Unfortunately though there is no way we could retroactively pull this off; books don't inherently store any data about their creation time :(
Ahh I did wonder if that would be the case! A shame for the old books but would be a neat thing to see implemented for new books so we can look back on them fondly in a couple years or so!

Back