Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Discord Mute

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindblaster007

I was just muted on the forums after I got roped into an argument over politics. Scotrian warned us to stop talking about it in Loka general chat, so I said one more thing related to politics in #off-topic. It was deleted, so knowing Auke8 would want to continue the conversation, I dropped the topic by saying, "Don't worry, they deleted it." I was also in the middle of typing "let's take this to DMs" when the mute was placed. After I said that, I was promptly muted. I think, considering the fact that this is my first mute and the fact that I clearly made an attempt to drop the topic, even thumbs-uping scotrian's message, I shouldn't have been muted, let alone permanently. The screenshots below show the warning and my attempt to drop the conversation.

1683590340840.png1683590453416.png

Last edited:

mads64

Sentry
You continued the topic even after acknowledging Scotrians fair warning, fairly simple

mindblaster007

-1 you are very toxic :(
I fail to see how having an open discussion is toxic.
You continued the topic even after acknowledging Scotrians fair warning, fairly simple
Like I said, I'm not denying that. Scotrian said not to continue the conversation in Loka general, so I went to the off-topic channel. Once my message was deleted there, I checked the rules, realized it was against the rules, and made an effort to show that I was dropping the topic. I just think that having no prior offenses paired with the fact that I did make an effort to show I made a mistake and was dropping the topic, the possibility of having my mute removed should, at the very least, be considered.
Why politics, it's Minecraft.
I did not actually start the conversation, although I never should've continued it.

Last edited:

berdb

Slicer
I fail to see how his actions constitute a perm mute. It could stay as a mute of some length, however a perm mute for this just seems stupid to me.
Yeah they were talking about politics etc, however:
1) Its makes no sense that talking about politics constitutes the same punishment as: harassment, slurs, making fun of people, egoing a ton, etc.
2) He made an effort to show he's dropping the topic and he's had no punishments prior.
So overall I just think its kinda stupid that he received a perm mute for this.

(oh yeah and also the fact that scot quite literally said "keep this outta the loka general chat")

Last edited:

Flgment

Slicer
You could of completely left the conversation after being given your first warning to stop but you instead went to another channel in the loka discord? Furthermore, you also thought that the loka minecraft discord was the right place to talk about 'rates of firearm homicides' and politics around firearms.

opelafer

The reason for this, at least this is what I was told ages ago, was that if the server actually mattered to you, and you took the rules to heart, you would remember that talking about stuff like that is not allowed. Being toxic in general has a detrimental effect, especially on a PvP/Conquest server. Let him stir…

mindblaster007

You could of completely left the conversation after being given your first warning to stop but you instead went to another channel in the loka discord? Furthermore, you also thought that the loka minecraft discord was the right place to talk about 'rates of firearm homicides' and politics around firearms.
First off, like I already stated, I thought scotrian meant take it to off-topic. Only after the message in off-topic was deleted did I realize no politics was in the rules, and at that point I made an effort to show that and I tried to show I was dropping the topic. Most Discord server do allow politics in off-topic so I didn’t really think about it being in the rules. Like I said, I made a mistake but I don’t think that mistake is worth a permanent mute. Second, I wasn’t the one who brought up rates of fire arm homicides, that was completely Auke, I simply was stating why his point was invalid.9ECA00B4-7F8D-4C6F-89FD-684A220D27E3.png
You’re just salty cause I asked you to expose someone who was alting.
The reason for this, at least this is what I was told ages ago, was that if the server actually mattered to you, and you took the rules to heart, you would remember that talking about stuff like that is not allowed. Being toxic in general has a detrimental effect, especially on a PvP/Conquest server. Let him stir…
It wasn’t toxic. I was explaining why his point was invalid and it was a discussion, or at least that’s how I saw it.

Lampp_

>specifically says keep it out of “LOKA GENERAL CHAT”
>keeps it out of loka general chat
>gets message deleted
>muted

Keep in mind there isn’t even a direct rule talking about politics I’m pretty sure yes combined with the wording of scotrian saying “keep it out of loka general” not the loka discord just confused everyone unmute on a warning imo 😀

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
>gets message deleted
>muted

Keep in mind there isn’t even a direct rule talking about politics I’m pretty sure yes combined with the wording of scotrian saying “keep it out of loka general” not the loka discord just confused everyone unmute on a warning imo 😀
1683652713095.png

scotrian

Sentry
Community Rep
>gets message deleted
>muted

yeah this was lowkey my fault im very bad at wording things

czmpos

Slicer
>gets message deleted
>muted

when you don’t read the rules you end up like joven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back