Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Fixed Doors: A Love Story

IdkKhev

So it seems one of the doors in my town is acting a bit funky. Opens fine and dandy. Until I decide to shift click it. Then it goes wonky and won't close. The message that it is now locked/unlocked also doesn't show up when this happens.

Edit: Looks like only the doors in that specific zone does that. And the door refuses to close if it's right clicked on the face on the door. Has no problem if it's clicked from the side.

Here's a video.

Last edited:

MasterAegon

Slicer
Crypt is going to have to address the doors when he has time. I've noticed that the Door Lock plug has been falling in and out of operation. I suggest using blocks at entrances until he gets it taken care of.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Arguably it seems as though many of the door bugs seem related to the 'on' state of the door. I'll look into it after I get back from vacation.

IdkKhev

If you look at the video. The door can only be closed if I click on the side of the door, rather than anywhere I click on the door. Which is the main problem.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Does this happen for all doors in this zone? What happens if you break and replace the door? I guess mail me the coords of that door, maybe I can figure it out that way.

Lazuli73

Slicer
Something similar is happening to me too. A few days ago I built new meat farm and the doors open fine but refuse to close locked or not. They close eventually but it is so frustrating that I just put up some dirt. When I tried breaking the door the door just magically replaced itself. It only broke when I destroyed the block underneath it.

IdkKhev

Looks like it happens to all the doors in the town. As long as they have a solid block on the ground to the right of it. Also Wendy doesn't encounter this problem.

Something similar is happening to me too. A few days ago I built new meat farm and the doors open fine but refuse to close locked or not. They close eventually but it is so frustrating that I just put up some dirt. When I tried breaking the door the door just magically replaced itself. It only broke when I destroyed the block underneath it.

You have to click on the side of the door to close it, rather than the window face part of the door. Pay attention to my cursor in the video if you don't know what I'm getting at.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Maybe I fixed doors? Pls to be testing?

You should be unable to lock or unlock an 'open' door.

X_Cavator

Slicer
This bug has happened to me a bunch but I found a way to get around it. When the door is opened and it will not close, you have to move so the door is facing you and click it.

Back