Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Dystoka

longfellow4

In a place, a long time ago.
A large crack of lightning shone on all the glimmering armor. Huge cogs of men rolled in the giant white waves. On top of one of the ships stood a man clad in black with his eyes distant. The chill silence overwhelmed everyone, with only the rumble in the distance. A shine in the storm revealed a small island with rolling hills ablaze with red. The man in black strained his eyes, and finally looked back at his men, huddled together in the small boat.

"Today we die." He said glumly. When the men, not phased, stared at him with straight faces, he smiled and went on.

"Yes today we die, do you see that damn red? Well let me tell you - we are going to seize Aladra and take it for ourselves. This is no longer about the alliance war...." He trailed off and looked back at the island.

"....this is about survival."

Chapter 3: The Hunt
It had been some time since we had been out in the far reaches of the jungle. Jasp and I constantly searched for the herb to bring back to dad, yet we were stumped on any leads. Gilgmess was its name, what could be the point of it? Along with that, was the constant worry of a leviathan or worse coming from the thicket and having us for dinner. Well...I tried not to think about that.
"Man, you think we should just go back and say we couldn't find it?" I said trying to catch up.

Jasp laughed. "Then what? He'll realize we didn't pay attention and this would be the first and last hunting trip for us."

"Oh, I suppose you have a point..."

We kept foraging for what seemed like hours in silence. Minor sounds got to me and I flinched a few times to just the flap of a butterfly's wings. Finally it seemed Jasp was having enough, then he grabbed me and pulled me down into a bush and shushed me to be silent. My eyes darted everywhere. Then I heard a man whistling in the distance.

"You know, I just WONDER if anyone could be hiding around. I mean, its not like they could be in THAT bush."

I held my breath.

The footsteps grew louder, and I heard a loud swig and gulp. An alcoholic? Great. Just what we needed. The steps grew increasingly louder, and Jasp went for his wooden knife and darted out. I stayed back and hid.

"Oh my what a silly little blade that is. What are you going to do? Tickle me?" the man laughed and took a swig.

Jasp from my angle seemed unimpressed. "Sure, if that's what you'd like old man."

"Old man?!" the stranger laughed. "Never thought I *hic* would be called that!"
He waited, and then said.

"Now, why is the younger one hiding?" My heart stopped. Jasp clenched his jaw and waved for me to get out.

The main was in a tattered wizard robe, with red and black stains. he had a satchel filled with weird shimmering bottles. I looked curiously. That isn't alcohol. What is it? He must of read my mind, for he laughed and looked right at me.

"Never seen a potion before little one? Well, it gives you special powers, but only for a time." He laughed.

"Don't drink it Ardi." Jasp said angrily. "It's probably a drug from Hell Ditch."

"Hell what? Nah. But if that is how you wish. Would you like me to tell you boys why I have these scars?"

And with that, the man took off his robe to reveal a giant set of blue armor and sword.

"It all started 40 years ago...."

BorkMork

Slicer
I wonder if this is Tee's son on drugs or something. But still, pretty cool, can't wait to see some character development and some history of the war.

longfellow4

The two men sat in silence in the dark hallway. Explosions echoed, shivering the cold stone foundation with every boom. The man sat with his comrade and with a raspy breath he exalted “Open the damn gate.” The other one looked in disbelief, then with irritation the man got up from his dusty throne and groaned. “Fine. Let them barrage in.”

For hours they sat, the explosive rumble getting closer. Until finally a large BAM smacked the wooden gates. The man winced, his entire empire gone to some scourge not even the age of an infant. His blessed cathedral, marched on! Insanity! With that, he stood up and unleashed a glowing blade, that lit up the dark hallway. He looked at the man next to him, and asked “Are you ready to die, Asmundian?” With that, the man chuckled and stood up beside the man. “Not like we have a choice, old rival.”

Thus, the door shattered, and all went red.

Somewhere far off…

Somewhere in the cold….

“Hahahaha! Yes! It is working! Companion! Get me the switch!” The man said with shrill joy. The two men were on top a giant, looming stone spire under the large green auroras of the night. The giant structure vibrated, shaking snow from its blue roofs. The man handed the switch from a far ledge, and the other smacked it into place. The large spiked tower hummed a deep ominous growl. Lights began to shine from its base.
“GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR” the tower shook.

“Now then, goodbye old sweet cold…” The man pulled the switch, and in an instant - they were surrounded in lightning. The ripples covered the plains, then the mountains, then the taigas, till it finally reached the sky above.

Chapter 4

With that, the strange man sat down on a fallen log and took a deep sigh, inviting me and my brother and I to sit on the rocks across from us. He began his tale.

It didn’t start out too serious, some few skirmishes here and there. We relaxed a lot during those times. However, many times battles grew stale and fuming with anger on each side. I can recall how back in those days - we would always come back after death - nothing really hurt so to speak. So, being that in your world, you die and don’t come back, tension in today's’ Loka is a lot stronger than it was back then. It is important to know this because back then the entire atmosphere was changed. Well, that was until the Artifact was destroyed. Then the war got much more frightening so to speak.

Jasp asked with curiosity, “What is the Artifact?” With that, the man laughed with amazement.

Such a different generation has come, to not even know what the centerpiece of the old life was about. For you, the Artifact are much like the gods - it allowed us protection and technology, yet was our greatest downfall. Now, I wish to tell you kids some truths and some things that may help you live. After that, our little parade will be over. First!” He said pointing his finger to the air. “Never, and I mean, never use magic. You will smell like food and they will come for you. Second! Never leave the land of Garama. Finally, please take care of each other - isolation is sometimes worse than death.”

Jasp and I looked at each other, questions running through our minds, yet when we looked back the man was gone. Jasp bolted up and yelled, “What happened before this? What will come for us? Do you mean this is not the only land?” Yet all questions were left with nothing. He sighed, and saw on the log a strange plant, he smiled and picked it up.

“Let's go.” He said with joy.

“Wait what? Didn’t you just freak out? What is with the change of mind?” I asked confused.

To that, he held up the white root plant in front of me. “This is gilgmess!”

With that, we hurried to my dad. I heard a large scream from the woods and both of us halted in place.

No.

It can’t be.

Right before us, emerged from us a towering four legged slimey creature. My brother whispered the same thoughts I had outloud.

“A leviathan…”

Back