Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Fixed Edition 2 of "Here are some bugs i found within the quest system"

DisturbedMoskito

Slicer
Like the title says, I found more bugs, and I will now share them (with screenshots if applicable). But in THIS edition of "Here are some bugs i found within the quest system", I feature some kind of organization to the post! I know right, it's amazing. Along with better descriptions of the bugs and more details to help resolve the bugs.)

Here are some bugs i found within the quest system Edition 2

1. When setting a description for a quest using the chat, and writing "\n" to create a line break, it doesn't make a line break in the description book. Instead we see "\n".
However, it does make a line break in the text under the quest name (which is the description).
Picture 1: Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 5.49.29 PM.png Picture 2: Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 5.49.43 PM.png

2. Concerning "\n". It makes all the text that follows it under the quest name purple. (see first image above).

3. Also concerning "\n", when we use a book to set a quest description, tipping "\n" will cause a line break in the text under the quest name (and the purple text, see first picture above). Thing is, we still see the "\n" when we read the description in the quest description book when we preview it, see it when accepting the quest from an npc, or inspecting the quest in the /q l menu. So basically "\n" written in chat or in a book to set quest description works the same way.
(Maybe a solution would be that all "\n" are removed from the text in the quest description book after setting it as a line break in the text under the quest name to avoid seeing it when we inspect the quest, but I don't know if this would work because I am not sure of how this "\n" works.)

4. Again Concerning line breaks (they do get a lot of attention in this edition). When we insert actual line breaks, or "enters" in a book that we then use to set the quest description, it appears as spaces in the text under the quest name.
(Maybe this is intentional, however I do think that this "\n" thing should be chat-specific, and that when we use a book to set the quest description, all of the "\n" that are written are simply considered as normal text, so they don't do anything when using a book, and "enters" in the book are considerate as line breaks (except all the line breaks before any text)).

5. This is a big one. The prestige requirements for accepting or seeing the quest just doesn't work at all!
(I tested this with the help of McDanky and MsDanky, at first I thought the prestige requirement wasn't working because I was the quest owner, but then it didn't work for McDanky, so I asked him to depromote MsDanky from Subowner to level 1 (rank (I) ) to see if it was because we were both owner and sub-owner. Nothing of what we tried worked.)

This might not be considered as a bug, but the on-complete text can only be set using the chat. I think that it would be great to be able to set it just like a quest description and set it using a book.
(So much helpful while doing quest lines with multiple dialogues)

7. Now concerning location objectives. We are able to change the name of a the location that needs to be discovered for the location objective. However, it resets back to the name of the tile the location is after restarts. In this case, It's Desert (68) of Garama.
Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 6.16.17 PM.png

8. For a reason I am not aware, my quest list menu (/q l or just /q)randomly stops working but gets back to normal on restarts
Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 6.18.57 PM.png

9. Might not be quest related, but our Farmer NPC, which is used a lot for testing stuff, disappear very often, and only coming back upon restart. Might have to investigate what he is up to...
<insert missing_Farmer_here.png>

And there it is for this second edition. Hope you enjoyed reading through a long bug report, and I will see you on the next edition of "Here are some bugs i found within the quest system"!
play outro_theme.mp4

"\n" count : 10

Last edited:

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
  • A majority of the newline (\n) stuff has been fixed, though at some point if it gets too funky, you're better off using a book to set your description.
  • Prestige Requirements now work
  • On-Complete being set as a book... I am mixed about this, not just because it's a bit tough on my end but the problem with that text is that (currently), you get one chance to view it, ever. After you close it, it is impossible to ever view again, which gives me concerns for going to a lot of trouble setting it as a book when it may be ignored/lost by players. There may need to be a bigger discussion on if there's some way to view a finished-quest's on-complete text.
  • Fixed Location Friendly Names not saving.
  • Hopefully fixed /q l problems
  • Farmer and other NPCs are a bigger issue, still looking into those.
  • Fixed a few places where going back would take you somewhere else in /q e
  • NEW: Quest Summary (figured this would be useful):
    1597673049422.png
    • Use this to explicitly set what the "tooltip quest summary" is; also shown when hovering over the quest name in the "summary page" of a Quest Book when accepting it:
      1597673171319.png
Keep up the great work Moskito

DisturbedMoskito

Slicer
  • A majority of the newline (\n) stuff has been fixed, though at some point if it gets too funky, you're better off using a book to set your description.
  • Prestige Requirements now work
  • On-Complete being set as a book... I am mixed about this, not just because it's a bit tough on my end but the problem with that text is that (currently), you get one chance to view it, ever. After you close it, it is impossible to ever view again, which gives me concerns for going to a lot of trouble setting it as a book when it may be ignored/lost by players. There may need to be a bigger discussion on if there's some way to view a finished-quest's on-complete text.
  • Fixed Location Friendly Names not saving.
  • Hopefully fixed /q l problems
  • Farmer and other NPCs are a bigger issue, still looking into those.
  • Fixed a few places where going back would take you somewhere else in /q e
  • NEW: Quest Summary (figured this would be useful):
    View attachment 1720
    • Use this to explicitly set what the "tooltip quest summary" is; also shown when hovering over the quest name in the "summary page" of a Quest Book when accepting it:
      View attachment 1721
Keep up the great work Moskito
Wow i think that this Quest summary is a great idea. And also thanks for fixing most of those bugs. If i find any more, i will report them.

Back