Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Empty Generator Deletion

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
I think builders should have to hide their supplies as well as the rest of us. If people want to build safely and wish to benefit the server then i suggest they help the admins on the build server. (we would allow anyone on who we gave the builder title)

Zor95

Slicer
Magpieman said:
I think builders should have to hide their supplies as well as the rest of us. If people want to build safely and wish to benefit the server then i suggest they help the admins on the build server. (we would allow anyone on who we gave the builder title)

The rest of us are probably in towns where though we hide our items, they are well protected. Most of these people also prefer to build vanilla. I mean that's why they're on this server. If they wanted a creative server they'd go somewhere else.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
Perhaps we opt to only apply these new town rules to generators from here on out, thus allowing Lotus and Mag's 345 towns to exist as they are. We can also perhaps clear out some towns we know are dead (whose players have all left etc).

It's a slippery slope giving out such a thing as a protection for a build that does not run out of emeralds and never expires. If we do something like this, I think the WG builds must be for the server and not for personal towns/projects.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Yes but by that point i dont see why we cant just let them build on the build server.

Zor95

Slicer
The thing about the build server is that most of what's there never sees the light of Loka. You can build what you like, but it's not likely that anyone else will ever see it.

As far as WG never expiring, we can always check up on their progress and if they've just wasted our time then it can be removed. We have HE so someone can't sneak and make a vault. The one negative I can think of is that it would require a lot of admin attention. Maybe it can be made semi-automatic?

Applying this only to towns made in the future:

It would solve my next problem which is that we have several towns now that used to have a dozen or so members which are now struggling. Do we say that these places no longer deserve to be towns and take their protection? However, Lotus was just an example and I'm also worried that this would discourage future players from creating anything like Lotus.

Zor95

Slicer
Psychedelic98 said:
As far as vaults can we just make it so the containers in the WG regions are locked?

That's my argument above... you need supplies to build things. It's an incredible inconvenience to either carry everything on you or stick it outside the protected region and wait for someone to walk by and take it.

Psychedelic98

Slicer
It's a price to be payed for those who want free protection. Enderchests could be allowed to make trips less grueling but anything else could be abused.

Zor95

Slicer
Psychedelic98 said:
It's a price to be payed for those who want free protection. Enderchests could be allowed to make trips less grueling but anything else could be abused.

The catch here is this protection is only for a building project. The entire server will (in theory) benefit from this construction.

Back