Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Fixing the Past, Part. IX

Commander_12

Slicer
A mushroom cloud hung over Kalros. Mimiga had blown up only twenty minutes ago, with the nuclear reactor being sent into self-destruct mode. Dafyish died after being attacked by the cyborgs, and Andy was probably lost in the resulting explosion.

Benged sighed. Years of work have gone down the drain like that. Floating in their escape pods, Benged had no idea where they would go. Beyond some outposts located on other continents, there was nobody out there. Stuck in a floating escape pod at sea, Benged prayed to the gods that they would find somewhere safe.

One of the lab technicians tapped Benged on the shoulder.

"Look, there’s a ship out there!"

Benged immediately stood up and looked out the porthole. A magnificent ship with huge sails was only a few kilometres away. It seemed to be sailing right for them.

Soon, people on the ship were lifting the escape pods out of the water and bringing them to the deck. Benged’s pod came to a thud on the deck. Benged opened the pod bay door and stepped out onto the deck. The ship was bustling with activity, with tons of people doing ship-related tasks such as tightening ropes, lowering the sails, and helping the Mimigans. How is this possible, Benged thought? I thought there was nobody else out there. A young man approached Benged.

"Who are you? Am I dreaming?" Benged asked.

"I am Jedoi the II, King of Edgewind. And you are not dreaming. We have much to discuss."

It was nighttime in the jungle of Garama. The journey through the portal was uneventful and didn’t contain the same imagery as before, instead only reflecting the stars beyond.

Scooter and Skuhoo had landed in some type of cave that was hidden from the jungle by thick vines. Setting up camp there, Skuhoo attended to Commander, who was drifting in and out of consciousness. Commander was not in a good way.

"We have to find help. If Commander doesn’t get some form of medical attention, he could become very sick. He could maybe die." Skuhoo said.

"Where are we?" Scooter asked.

"We’re in Garama, but probably in another alternate reality. We’re not in Mimiga’s, judging by how everything isn’t covered in mushrooms. But this is completely unknown. We don’t know who or what is lurking out there." Sku said

‘We have to find someone or something. There has to be someone here." Scooter said.

"I’ve managed to stabilise Commander for now; he should survive the night and the next day, but after that, I don’t know. When morning comes, we should look. Rest for now."

Scooter lay down on the cold floor of the cave, only having her jacket as a pillow. Commander kept muttering random words as he drifted in and out of consciousness. Sleep did not come quickly for Scooter. The ambient noise of the jungle kept her awake, but she eventually fell into a restless, fitful sleep.

In the distance, across the hill, a creature watched the beings inside the cave. It hadn’t seen humans in ages, and it felt very hungry. It thought the taste of human flesh was wonderful. The more fearful, the better. Looking at them through its cat-like eyes, the creature would stalk and wait. In the morning, it would tell its pack about the discovery it had made.

Dinner.

Early sunrise poured in, creating shadows along the wall of the cave with the vines. The fire that Sku had made had long since burned out, leaving behind scorched embers. Scooter was stirred awake by Sku.

"Come on. We should go look for help."

"But what about Commander?"

"He’s fine for now. He’s awake, actually."

Looking over, Scooter saw Commander looking alive and alert, but in clear pain.

"Hey, Scooter. Hell of a night, eh?" he said

"Commander is going to hide deeper in the cave, and hopefully that will provide enough protection from whatever is out there."

He also held a pistol, clearly sucked into the portal from Mimiga. This put Scooter a little bit at ease. At least Commander wasn’t sitting helpless.

"I’ll be fine." Commander said, but he started violently coughing.

"For now, at least."

"I saw smoke off in the distance last night. There hopefully should be someone there." Sku said

"What if they’re hostile?" Scooter asked

"Well, we’ll deal with it when we get there."

Sku cocked a rifle and slung it over his shoulder.

"Come on, let’s go. It’s not as hot right now. We should try to reach there before noon."

Sku and Scooter left the cave. Commander nodded at Scooter as they left.

Scooter still had a feeling of unease. And she also felt as if she was being watched.

Commander sat alone in the cave. He was in incredible pain. He was trying his best to not pass out from it. As he struggled, he kept seeing the same images he saw when he touched Preksak’s compass for the first time. It was the same red haired man, sitting at a desk and typing into a computer in an all white void. It felt overwhelming to him. Who is this person, and what does Preksak want with them? The man stopped typing on the computer and looked straight up, staring right at Commander.

This scared Commander out of the vision. He was sweating heavily, and he had dropped the gun. Hopefully, it was just a bad dream, he thought. As Commander went to pick up the gun, the vines rustled, and a strange creature emerged into the cave. Commander aimed the gun right at it.

"Seriously, a velociraptor?" DINOSAURS?!? "CAN WE HAVE A MOMENT OF PEACE?"

The velociraptor lunged at Commander, who fired his gun. Screams echoed off the cavern walls.

Scooter and Sku came to a wide clearing. In it were huts made out of jungle wood, with straw thatched roofs. A well was dug into the ground. The smoke that they saw was coming from a fire that had long since been put out by someone dumping water into it.

"It doesn’t look like anyone has been here for a while." Scooter said

"Look for anything or anyone that could help us." "Medical supplies, anything."

"But this place looks primitive. They’re living out of wooden huts."

"But that means they have to have some form of medicine. Look around."

Sku walked away, looking into various huts and going around and rummaging inside of them. Scooter walked off to do the same. Entering one of the bigger huts, Scooter looked around. The hut provided some shade for her. Hanging from the ceiling were what looked like weapons, but upon closer look, they were medical tools. Scooter’s heart jumped a beat; she was in the right place. Scooter looked under a bed and found a white box. It had a red cross on it. Despite the fact that they lived in such primitive conditions, they had modern amenities such as a first aid kit.

Scooter ran out and yelled for Sku:

"Sku! Sku! I found a first aid kit!"

But Sku was standing perfectly still, looking up at something. He turned around to face Scooter, held a finger to his lips, and whispered:

"Be very quiet and don’t move. It might not see us."

Scooter put the first aid kit down slowly and looked up at what Sku was looking at. A jungle tree with massive branches was shaken, and Scooter heard loud thumps. She looked down at a footprint in the ground. It wasn’t a human footprint.

It was absolutely gigantic and had three toes. A puddle in it was being shaken, and Scooter could see the ripples. Scooter then looked back up very slowly and then screamed. In front of them, peaking through the tree, was a T-Rex. Its scaly brown skin and yellow eyes sent shivers through Scooter, and its head was absolutely massive. It roared loudly, causing Sku and Scooter to cover their ears to protect them.

" Run!" Sku yelled

Scooter and Sku took off running into the bush, Scooter hanging on tightly to the first aid kit. Why couldn’t they have a peaceful day? The T-Rex started to pick up steam, running after them.

"Oh god. We’re going to die." Scooter yelled

The thumps and roars of the T-Rex echoed throughout the forest. McDanky heard it from his outpost, high up in the trees. Adjusting his binoculars, he saw two figures running through the bush, screaming in terror as the monster gained ground. He then slammed down the binoculars when he realised who he was looking at.

Sku? Scooter? But they’re both dead? And what were they doing at the abandoned village?

McDanky didn’t care. He was going to save their lives.

And figure out what the hell was going on. The dead could not come back to life.

Something was very wrong.

Andy was brought through a portal to a wide and open space that looked out onto a black sky. Andy gleamed with delight. The dark one had managed to return the world to the Void. What other plans did he have?

The cyborgs brought Andy before a desk made out of obsidian, and a figure sat behind it, hunched over, reading something.

"Observer, we have brought the one you seek." Commander 12"

Preksak looked up, and Andy felt chills go down his spine. He was finally face-to face with his master. He looked even more awesome than Andy could have imagined.

Preksak spoke:

"Hello, Andy. I believe we have mutual goals. Your younger self has been a pain in my side. But I need you for something else."

Andy spoke, rabid at the mouth, eager to serve his lord:

"Yes, master. What do you require of me?"

Preksak smiled:

"I need you... to kill a Guardian."

"Yes, master. Anything to serve you. Any chance to embrace the darkness of the void."

Evil laughter broke out, resonating throughout the chamber. Preksak was going to win, Andy thought.

And it would be a most glorious day.

Back