Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Guild Wars 2

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
I am currently playing Guild Wars 2 and thought it would be nice to set up a loka guild for people on the server that play it. Please let me know your user name if you wanna join up in game as im aware a fair few people on loka also play Guild Wars 2.

Cryptite

Elder
Staff member
Elder
I play with a bunch of guys that I've been gaming with for years and years, and we're on Blackgate. My nick is Cryptite.9302

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Aww almost my server im on Blacktide (european server)

Now on Far Shiverpeaks server (european)

mopb3

Slicer
Can I change at will? Or will I be stuck with yourself as my only friend? ;)

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
The server you pick is permanent, if you have other friends try and play the same server as them, but i am on Far Shiverpeaks and atm you cant play with people on other servers. You will be able to pay to switch servers in the future.

edit: Turns out you can switch servers easily and for free (not sure if it charges you when you switch lots of times)

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
I havent played for the last few days as i have been concentrating on minecraft but i do play a lot, im lvl 45 i think which takes a while to get to. I play a norn guardian if you are wondering.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
Well let me know what you want from the character, do you want to play pve, pvp, or wvwvw. The race doesnt matter just pick a race thats fits you and the class you want to play. As for class id recommend one of the easier classes to play, if your new to it, it takes ages to get used to controls etc. Work out which few classes interest you the most and i can tell you what i think of them and what they are best at.

Magpieman

Old One
Staff member
Old One
pvp = structured player vs player
pve = player versus everything
wvwvw = world vs world vs world (server vs server)

Artagan

Slicer
Which of those (pvp, pve, etc) would our guild play under? And if that isn't defined, which do you play under, mag?

Note: I can enjoy any of these styles of play, particularly if I was in a group of Lokians.

The races that I like the best are Norns and Humans. The classes I like the best are Warriors and Guardians.

As a human I'd probably be a commoner, have unknown parents, and follow either Dwayna or Kormir.

As a norn I'm rather conflicted; I'd either want to "Defeat our Ancient Foes" or "Guard the Mists", "Black out" or "Lose and heirloom", and have either Bear, Wolf, or Raven as a patron.

As a Guardian I have very little idea as to which of the armor pieces I would take (Conqueror's Pauldrons or Visionary's Helm, I think).

As a Warrior I would take the Spangenhelm/Great Helm.

Oh, and I'd choose Dignity for the personality thing.

To Mag- Based on all that info, can you recommend for me a design for my character?

mopb3

Slicer
Oh, and does it matter which race I choose in regards to us being able to play as a group?

13scooter13

Slicer
hey so i am buying the game now :D and i want to join you guys. :p i am thinking on choosing a sylvari ranger. im so excited xD

Back