Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Hip736 for sentry

hip736

Slicer

Current Rank:Slicer

Which rank are you applying for:Sentry.

What do you think is expected of this rank: Greet new players, help all player on Loka, monitor chat, re-enforcing rules like swearing, spamming, inappropriate or offensive remarks of any kind.

Why do you want to become this rank:I feel like with the increase in new players we need more admins to monitor chat and help greet new players. In the past I haven't been the most mature person on the server but i am working on not swearing at all in public chat and trolling a lot less, but i feel i am ready to take on more authority and help make the server better place for everyone.

When did you start playing on the server: Oh idk like February 2013 some time

Time zone in relation to GMT: EST (GMT -5)

How often do you play: Try for 5-6 hours a day depending on what i am doing that day

Hornedbaron

Slicer
I don't support this, +0
It'd be helpful to have reasoning along with your opinions y'know.
On another note however, I think that maybe we should wait a bit longer. You haven't been active on the server in a long time and it's only in the past month or so that you've come back fully. Also, after getting complaints about Mopy and you from X, even if you are becoming more mature, I'm not sure that Sentry would help necessarily. So yeah, good luck, but I'm afraid its a no from me for now.

Leasaur

Slicer
I don't support Hip becoming a Sentry because of character issues - I don't think that he, as a person, would be suited to the position of sub-admin based on some of Hip's behaviour.
In the past I haven't been the most mature person on the server but i am working on
Honestly, I don't feel like I am seeing much improvement and nowhere near enough to consider a Sentry position. If you are improving, it must be in alliance chat or something because I can't see it, and a Sentry needs to uphold that behaviour no matter who they're talking to - especially in public chat when conversing with new players.
Maybe you just need more time, but I'm not saying that you will never be ready for this, so keep trying and I really hope that I'll be able to support this some time in the future

adderman500

Slicer
Pretty much with Baron here, X's complaints and a relatively recent return to activity will make me hold off for now, but I would certainly consider you for the position some time in the near future if you can mature a little

Opyc

Slicer
On another note however, I think that maybe we should wait a bit longer. You haven't been active on the server in a long time and it's only in the past month or so that you've come back fully. Also, after getting complaints about Mopy and you from X, even if you are becoming more mature, I'm not sure that Sentry would help necessarily. So yeah, good luck, but I'm afraid its a no from me for now.

Horned you can't make assumptions on hearsay. You say he hasn't been active on the server but have you? honestly if you do not talk directly to the person you have no say tbh.

Pretty much with Baron here, X's complaints and a relatively recent return to activity will make me hold off for now, but I would certainly consider you for the position some time in the near future if you can mature a little

Same goes for you adder. Have YOU been on when hes been on?

Honestly, I don't feel like I am seeing much improvement and nowhere near enough to consider a Sentry position. If you are improving, it must be in alliance chat or something because I can't see it, and a Sentry needs to uphold that behaviour no matter who they're talking to - especially in public chat when conversing with new players.
Maybe you just need more time, but I'm not saying that you will never be ready for this, so keep trying and I really hope that I'll be able to support this some time in the future

This is the only valid comment out of them all tbh. She has interacted but she personally hasn't seen it.

I support hip for sentry as he is a changed individual from the past. As a fellow town member I've seen leeps and strides and he is now officially ready.

+1 opyc since i am the base value.

Leasaur

Slicer
She has interacted but she personally hasn't seen it.
That's the point I'm trying to get through - if Hip improves only in town and alliance chat, or in TS with you, that doesn't mean he's ready to consider a Sentry position as being a sub-admin means you have to effectively monitor and be active in ALL of chat. If he can prove he's ready to all of Loka, not just other 2Stronkians, then I will give him my support.

Hornedbaron

Slicer
Ok, maybe I should have made myself clearer, Mopy. Of course I can't be on all the time when Hip is, due to time zones and whatnot, and I have no clear idea as to his playtime, however that's not what I was highlighting. In fact, I have no doubts about his playtime, because I know he plays a lot. I was touching on the fact that he went on a break for a fairly long time and he hasn't been back for long, not that he doesn't play very much. I even state this quite clearly in my original post.
it's only in the past month or so that you've come back fully.
I also want to question your opinions for supporting his promotion, because as I see it, you only have a problem with me not understanding his playtime. Just to be clear, that's not the only factor I mentioned. On a final note, I don't think it's very good for the look of the server admins and sub-admins if you voice your opinions so strongly whenever someone opposes your thoughts. I was just expressing mine, and to be honest they're perfectly valid and make total sense (if you even understand what I'm talking about in the first place). Also, please none of this
he is now officially ready.
It's a bit brash don't you think ;)
And again, Good luck Hip :)

adderman500

Slicer
Yeah, I think you grabbed the wrong end of the stick mopy. Never said he wasn't active. just said he only returned to his levels of activity relatively recently.

Your seeming complaint that we can't form a judgement from hearsay isn't especially valid in my view. We can form an opinion from what others have said just fine. If he's been involved in controversy recently; if one of the sub-admin staff doesn't think he's appropriate yet to join their ranks; why can't we take that into account? A prospective member of the sub-admin staff should, in my opinion, have total approval particularly from the the team they are about to join and should have a squeaky clean record for the lead-up to the application. Like I said, give it a few weeks and I'll reconsider. That's my final judgement here. Others may think differently, and that's the wonderous joy of opinion.

MasterAegon

Slicer
Honestly nobody does a good job of not being a jerk to one another. It's like a huge button that pisses everyone off labeled 'do not push' and by God, not a single person can go a week without spamming the thing.

This entire server needs to cool its jets in regard to interpersonal communication, but by all means, let this ffa continue. (and yes, I refer to myself with this too.)

Leasaur

Slicer
Honestly nobody does a good job of not being a jerk to one another. It's like a huge button that pisses everyone off labeled 'do not push' and by God, not a single person can go a week without spamming the thing.

This entire server needs to cool its jets in regard to interpersonal communication, but by all means, let this ffa continue. (and yes, I refer to myself with this too.)
Whoah whoah whoah, Aegon, no one's being malicious here. Or intending it to be like that, anyway. Sorry if I offended anyone.

MasterAegon

Slicer
Nah, I didn't mean it that way, but you are referring to his attitude in public chat are you not? I'd say we all do well for ourselves in regard to having attitudes. Tensions heighten day to day because one person or another takes something wrong and it escalates. That's all I'm referring to.

Then there's everyone exchanging punches in response to opinions posted. These promotions should be as simple as 'this is my opinion on why <user> should be/not be promoted', and done. We shouldn't be bickering back and forth over it. Make your opinion known and let the leadership make a decision based on their own criteria and input provided rather than arguing why one person's opinion matters more than the other.

Back